Top Speed

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
I have not pushed it much past ninety MPH, but I have noticed during freeway driving that it moves very quickly and quietly from, say, a perfectly legal sixty-five, to a dangerously ticket-worth ninety, almost before you are aware of it. This is great for getting away from drunken drivers, wavering semis, etc., but you really have to be mindful of the speedometer lest you get busted--or worse....
Cruise Control shall by thy savior...
Sponsored

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
i once was zipping along the highway in my F150, maxed out at its 170km/h limit running on the Pirellis.
when a dude in a jacked up chevy with oversized tires and a disabled limiter, roars past me easily at 200. my only thought was the spead rating of those things as they howled past....

he might get away with it a number of times....but one day they will come apart.
I love the metric looks so much faster on paper. 105.6mph

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
Not sure. They had traffic holding on the on ramps and a few miles ahead. It was a rather quick run. With 707 hp and a claimed top speed of 196 mph, the car wants to go fast. Mashed the gas and hit 181 mph then the lead cops came back into view so I had to shut it down. Never had any pucker factor. Hood was shaking a lot but the car felt planted and never had an oh shit feeling. Just let off the gas and coasted back down to 100-110 no problem.

Unlike doing 134 mph in a police Tahoe. That sucker was floating all over the road and let you know real quick driving a brick that fast is not a good idea. My 2017 GT350 was limited to 166 mph. That car felt super planted at that speed. Felt very comfortable and safe maintaining that speed for a 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile.
My 97 Mustang Cobra tops out at 147 because of the limiter. I am still trying to find out how to fix that. It runs straight and true at that speed.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
I've run up to about 102 and it's rock solid for the short distance I was going that fast.

My Fiesta ST with a roof basket hit an aero-limited speed of about 129 but the actual limiter without the roof accessories is 143; I wasn't that brave though ? the FiST has a very obvious speed where it goes from "fine" to "very light in the front" around 97mph, and another step around 115. Feels like it wants to take off, but it points straight the whole time.

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
My Fiesta ST with a roof basket hit an aero-limited speed of about 129 but the actual limiter without the roof accessories is 143;
In a Fiesta??? What if you were to run over a mouse at that speed?? Or a frog!!???

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
In a Fiesta??? What if you were to run over a mouse at that speed?? Or a frog!!???
This reminds me of my first purchased car. I was still in high school but had a part time(plus Sat and Sunday) job rewinding electric motors with my dad. I only used $20 a week for fuel, as my dad gave me an old Bonneville that was hit. The passenger door would not open. Close to graduation I saved enough money to buy a Manual Camaro RS. I was soooooooo proud when I drove up in my dads driveway to tell him thank you for his help. He looked at the car(me feeling bad a$$ inside) And said "boy that thing is low to the ground, you will total it if you hit a dang Chihuahua " :crying:

It looked like this

CARS-07.JPG

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
122 Tuned...HPP mustang 148 stock
Regards

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
"There are a 1000 reasons to go slow and only one to go fast" Abe Lincoln
I'm told that old Abe is also credited with saying "Don't believe anything you read on the internet":giggle:
Fact is, he never went fast. One trip around Road America would certainly change his mind!

"I will say that a mere 110MPH in the Ranger is a Lot slower than 80MPH towing a thirty foot toy hauler".:wink:
Thomas Jefferson:angel:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My new Ranger is competent for what it was made for. I did take it to 100MPH and it took less time from 70 than you could say it... even if you were an auctioneer.
This is only the second vehicle I have ever owned that I have not topped it out.
Either I'm getting old or I have an aversion to jail time!:clock::fingerscrossed:
Oddly there is no rev limiter on my TC or on my last two Escapes (06 and 08)

Reactions: Doc

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I was flying down the highway in my 2019 Ranger pushing 98mph when I saw a state trooper behind me and punched it harder but I was no match for those trooper cars. When he walked up to the window he screamed at me “Why didn’t you stop?”
I said,”Sir, my wife ran off with a state trooper and I thought it was you bringing her back!”

BadumBump

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say mouse... do you mean a small block Chevy?
If so, a "frog" must be a Renault 2CV? Right?
Or a 1959 Sprite?

1959_austin-healey_bug-eye_sprite_15414480009eb2aed8825be0a072d67ab_austin-healey_bug-eye_spri...jpg

EJC_1895-copy-940x734.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: