First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / Bronco Reserved
Occupation
Parts
Loved the video and thanks for sharing it. That Ranger can handle alot more than that course (although water is a concern with the alt), then again so could most of the jeeps there. I made a cup coffee and sit back watched it, the music is a little overbearing IMO. I rather hear the mud, rock, and engine myself. Every bodies a critic though right ? I hope you upload more.
Thanks! Yea I didn't know about the alternator issue. Is there a fix or mod for it?

I will be uploading more for sure! But the Ranger is my wife's truck. I have a 2 door Bronco on the way! I'll still have some ranger videos tho.
Sponsored

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Looked like a lot of fun ... and I gotta say ... I love a covered bridge ... miss them from my Massachusetts days.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Thanks! Yea I didn't know about the alternator issue. Is there a fix or mod for it?

I will be uploading more for sure! But the Ranger is my wife's truck. I have a 2 door Bronco on the way! I'll still have some ranger videos tho.
Not currently.

If you're getting a 2.3 Bronco you WILL have the same issue. Not sure about the 2.7.

OP
OP
BBSanctuary

BBSanctuary

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Parts
Nice video sir. The looks on your sons face tells the story. :)
That's the best part!

Not currently.

If you're getting a 2.3 Bronco you WILL have the same issue. Not sure about the 2.7.
Hmm, yea i'm getting a 2.3. I'll have a look and see. I didn't have any issues but I coulda got lucky. I'll see if I can come up with a fix.

I work at a dealer.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
That's the best part!

Hmm, yea i'm getting a 2.3. I'll have a look and see. I didn't have any issues but I coulda got lucky. I'll see if I can come up with a fix.

I work at a dealer.
It's hit or miss. Mud seems to foul it up most. It's been a thing for over 2 years now.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/warning-mud-kills-alternators.3720/

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/windrock-off-road-park-killed-my-ford-ranger.15177/

Best part is they seem to be on backorder. If I were doing any water crossings I'd want a spare on me.

Only real fix is a sealed unit or relocating the alternator. Betting the the former is more likely. With the Bronco having the same pitfall it's possible we might get an aftermarket solution.

I work at a dairy?

OP
OP
BBSanctuary

BBSanctuary

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Parts
It's hit or miss. Mud seems to foul it up most. It's been a thing for over 2 years now.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/warning-mud-kills-alternators.3720/

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/windrock-off-road-park-killed-my-ford-ranger.15177/

Best part is they seem to be on backorder. If I were doing any water crossings I'd want a spare on me.

Only real fix is a sealed unit or relocating the alternator. Betting the the former is more likely. With the Bronco having the same pitfall it's possible we might get an aftermarket solution.

I work at a dairy?
Oh wow. Yea I got lucky I guess. I'll be looking for a sealed unit for my bronco. I work at a Dealer.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Pretty sure a sealed alternator is something that only exists in the hopes and dreams of 5g Ranger owners.

Your best bet is a spare on the truck and possibly rinsing any mud/silt out after a dunk.
I work at a Dealer.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

OP
OP
BBSanctuary

BBSanctuary

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Parts
Pretty sure a sealed alternator is something that only exists in the hopes and dreams of 5g Ranger owners.

Your best bet is a spare on the truck and possibly rinsing any mud/silt out after a dunk.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Just meant that I would look into more, as in I have access to shop manuals, aftermarket distributors etc. I just repeated it because you said "I work at a dairy?" anyways, doesn't realy matter.

Yea, just looked it up, no "sealed" alternators.

Well, Ford has alternators in stock ahaha.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Just meant that I would look into more, as in I have access to shop manuals, aftermarket distributors etc. I just repeated it because you said "I work at a dairy?" anyways, doesn't realy matter.

Yea, just looked it up, no "sealed" alternators.

Well, Ford has alternators in stock ahaha.
Grab one, throw it in your gear. Don't look back.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I am jealous of the fun yall had! your son made me think of my nephew, i bet he would love to go for a trail ride with me. i didnt know the alternator is a possible mud and water issue. glad folks mentioned it. I try to avoid any water higher than rims top lip, dont want any getting muddy water inside the cab.
Sponsored