Tonneau Cover, Bed Rack (slimline II) and ironman 4x4 tent

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
New to this but I know when I was trudging the depths of the internet I was hard pressed to find any set up that suited my plans. I pressed on blindly and it luckily turned out.

Anyhow I have the ford embark LS tonneau cover on my supercrew. The racks that were supposed to support enough weight and were designed for the cover were all to tall (RCI and Yakima). I went with the front runner slimline 2 with roll top legs. (Pickup Roll Top Slimline II Load Bed Rack Kit / 1425(W) x 1358(L). Coupled with the Ironman 4x4 tent mounted with the front runner tent mounts (adds about an inch).

Anyways see the photos to see how it turned out and to realize the power of measuring before buying (barely make it out of the garage). We have taken it out once and it held up well and was stable. Planning to erect a hoist system to store the tent off of the truck when not in use.
20200910_085051.jpg
20200911_131622.jpg
20200915_180818.jpg
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Nice rig!

How did you mount the rack ?

What are the static and off-road weight ratings for the rack ?

OP
OP

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Nice rig!

How did you mount the rack ?

What are the static and off-road weight ratings for the rack ?
I mounted using the kit direct from front runner onto the tracks offered by the ls embark tonneau.
The static weight per front runner is 660lb per the tonneau cover it is 500lb (weight the actual cover can support i beleive). We were well over the 500 with no issues when in the tent not consudering the weight supported by the ladder.

Dynamic is more of crap shoot I can guarentee that it supports the around 200lbs (rack plus tent)that is mounted to it currently.
Sponsored