Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Hey everyone gotta question.

2WD no lift no aftermarket suspension parts on my truck. The Bridgestone Dueler HT's are showing, to me, an abnormal level of inner tread wear. No feathering, just wear. This is toe correct? Is this due to, from what I was able to find, the suspension being set for being loaded down in the bed and thus lifting in the front?

I'm planning on moving on to another tire soon due to the rather poor wet performance of those tires...I hydroplane BADLY. Likely going to Kumho Crugen HT51 but that is for another forum.

So..the wear...does anyone have this or experienced this? And is the cause likely what I was able to find (set up for heavy loading in the bed)?

D
Sponsored

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
So..the wear...does anyone have this or experienced this?
Get it on a lift and start pulling on suspension parts. Find out if there is any play. A bushing could be damaged. Is there any damage? Maybe something is bent.
Although 26k miles is not a lot, it is enough for something to wear out.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So you are correct to assume toe could be out. Camber may be out a little too. One major thing to conaider is the dynamic toe. This is something I learned about with my truck after installing a lift. Basically when you sit in the drivers seat it puts load on the front and causes toe to toe out. By how much you ask? By only a few degrees at best. Is it enough to cause this issue. If toe is at zero when no one is in the truck then yes. My suggestion is to have the alignment checked.

Do I believe you have a failed suspension component? Not at all. I have 45,000 miles on my truck and it does just fine.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I have 12k miles on mine. Bought in January 2021. 2020 xlt 4x2, stock. No damper yet. And i have the same wear! Thought it strange with so few miles. I have already rotated the tires, thats how noticable the wear was.
So yeah, same on my Ranger

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I have a practice of getting my alignment checked after a few thousand miles on a new vehicle. Seems like new vehicles have a tendency to get out of alignment as the new parts wear in. That being said, I had my Ranger checked at my 3000 mile oil change and it was pretty much spot on.
Sponsored