TireRack

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Just thought I post on here about the quality of tires received from TireRack. This is my 5th set of tires from them and they arrived well packaged and are exceptional. The tires have the original factory sticker on them on each individual tire and the tires look like they rolled off an assembly rack. Now, the price is a little steep but I believe you get what you pay for, also a few years ago, I lost my special wrench for my wheels and they sent it to me free of charge, so thank you TireRack for your customer service and exceptional quality of work.
Sponsored

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I almost always buy my tires from TireRack. They usually have great prices and comprehensive reviews so it's easy to find the right set. They have a warehouse in GA, so I usually get them delivered the very next day here in Florida. It's usually about $80 to ship them, but I usually save more than twice that over buying them from a local dealer anyway. On my last truck, I got a set of 285vr18 General Grabbers for only $95 a tire.

RiverRojo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mercury Milan 1992 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Most tire stores around me price match tirerack. Personally, I don't see the reason to purchase tires online.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Sometimes you cannot get special tires at a decent price locally. I bought a set of Eagle F1-GSD3s for the Miata ten plus years ago. Best tires that she ever had underfoot. Would have paid 50% more per tire locally. Just had to strike a deal with a local tire shop to install.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've researched a lot of tires at tire rack. It's great for that. I did buy one set there but I've since moved and now prefer my local place.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
I'm looking at getting my own tire change machine and balancer. It's a large investment, but will pay for itself in a short period of time with 2 vehicles, several motorcycles and various equipment.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I'm looking at getting my own tire change machine and balancer. It's a large investment, but will pay for itself in a short period of time with 2 vehicles, several motorcycles and various equipment.
Jealous! I'd love to have the space for my own machines. Going Hunter or some other brand?

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I used to always order from TireRack.com. Then I realized as the years went by that their prices are too high, they charge for shipping, and their customer service is hit and miss. There are other online vendors which smoke Tire Rack. Discounttiredirect.com is one of them.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I used to always order from TireRack.com. Then I realized as the years went by that their prices are too high, they charge for shipping, and their customer service is hit and miss. There are other online vendors which smoke Tire Rack. Discounttiredirect.com is one of them.
I have had a couple of great experiences with tirebuyer.com as well

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a couple of great experiences with tirebuyer.com as well
Yeah, I just purchased for my wife's Escape some winter tires through tirebuyer and that experience was really good! But ended up with Cooper tires which have a nice rebate on them now, plus, through my work I get 10% off of what they were selling the tires for! And they were already the cheapest price that I had found on the Cooper Discoverer True North Winter tires that I was looking at! And, free shipping wherever I want and can get them installed by whoever I want, so that was a great deal!

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
As far as "why would you buy tires online?" is concerned, I have bought probably a dozen sets of tires for 4x4s over the last 15 years (I trade and modify vehicles often :) ) and what I've noticed is that I can buy a set of tires of my choice from a place such as discounttiredirect.com and have them delivered to my door for free, then haul them to a local shop for mounting and balancing, and come out saving anywhere from $200 to $400 total.

I have been to Tire Discounters (not to be confused with Discount Tire and Discount Tire Direct), Ken Towery, Goodyear, Firestone, Walmart, and the local mom-n-pop shops as well, and NONE of them can get anywhere remotely close to the pricing I get online.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is it crazy that I already want to order new tires for the Ranger? TireRack has the BfGoodrich KO2s in 285/70r17 that come with the Ranger Raptor overseas for a good price AND a $100 rebate. Just don't know if they'll fit without a lift and how badly they'll affect gas mileage.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Is it crazy that I already want to order new tires for the Ranger? TireRack has the BfGoodrich KO2s in 285/70r17 that come with the Ranger Raptor overseas for a good price AND a $100 rebate. Just don't know if they'll fit without a lift and how badly they'll affect gas mileage.
Do I get a vote? I want you to do it so I know if it works.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the Ranger Raptor has a 2.5" factory lift over a regular 4x4 Ranger T6 "Hi-Rider". So unless you also lift your Ranger, it might not fit.
Sponsored