First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Just wondering... my 2020 Ranger Lariat came with 255 70R 17, I want to install the ford fox 2.0 performance shocks. Should I stay with the same tire size on the stock rim (until I buy new ones) or can I go with a larger tire? Will this make a difference and if so what? Thanks!
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Just wondering... my 2020 Ranger Lariat came with 255 70R 17, I want to install the ford fox 2.0 performance shocks. Should I stay with the same tire size on the stock rim (until I buy new ones) or can I go with a larger tire? Will this make a difference and if so what? Thanks!
You can go down the rabbit hole with tire sizes. Probably a quarter the posts in the forum are about it.

To keep it simple you can go with 265/70r17 with the Fox kit. This is a 32” tire which typically measure a little smaller than 32”. I don’t think you need spacers with this tire size and stock wheels but someone else can chime in on that. The stock offset is +55 which is quite high.

To fit bigger tires than that other factors come into play. What you will need will depend on the exact setup you want to go with for suspension, tires, offset, spacers etc. The long and short of it is 33” tires require minor mods and it gets more complex as you go up from there.

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
Do the lift upgrade and see how big of a MPG hit you get, then decide how much your willing to accept. I lost 2 mpg with Ford / Fox 2.0 Level kit with stock tires and rims.
Sponsored