Thinking about canceling my order

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I posted a few weeks ago about ordering a new Lariat. I stopped by my dealer and was looking at the Bronco's and saw a really nice 24" Big Bend 4 door for a little more than the Lariat I ordered.
I was talking to the sales manager and asked if they think my truck would be built by end of summer. He told me more than likely not. I've seen on this and 6g that people have ordered around the middle of last year and still don't have production dates yet. I know Ford went through a strike last year.
So my question to you all would you continue to wait or get a Bronco?
Please don't skewer me too bad!
Lol
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Two totally different vehicles, for different purposes. If you "need" a "truck" than you won't be happy with the Bronco.
If you are just getting something "new" and have no need for a pickup and what it's for, than get the Bronco...

sandy_koufax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Two totally different vehicles, for different purposes. If you "need" a "truck" than you won't be happy with the Bronco.
If you are just getting something "new" and have no need for a pickup and what it's for, than get the Bronco...
They're literally made on the same line and share the majority of mechanical components.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
They're literally made on the same line and share the majority of mechanical components.
Still totally different vehicles as to their purpose
Ranger.......Pick Up Truck
Bronco........SUV
Not the same, even tho they share some pieces n parts......

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I posted a few weeks ago about ordering a new Lariat. I stopped by my dealer and was looking at the Bronco's and saw a really nice 24" Big Bend 4 door for a little more than the Lariat I ordered.
I was talking to the sales manager and asked if they think my truck would be built by end of summer. He told me more than likely not. I've seen on this and 6g that people have ordered around the middle of last year and still don't have production dates yet. I know Ford went through a strike last year.
So my question to you all would you continue to wait or get a Bronco?
Please don't skewer me too bad!
Lol
Life's short - get the one that makes you smile and fits your needs. If you don't "need" a pickup, you can always rent one from U-Haul for the times you must have a truck.

Order delays and waiting is a big drag, the days drug on in '22 waiting for Soupie and it was only 3 1/2 months - but it seemed an eternity. The wait allowed me to watch every single YouTube video on Rangers and to find this forum and create a mile-long list of stuff I wanted to add (see my sig for the link to the list). =D

A Bronco would be a lot of fun, a bit like my old FJ40 as far as form factor, and, as some have already said - a very different vehicle.

You could also get a trailer for the Bronco if you need regular hauling capability.

I look out the bathroom window at 3AM and smile when I see Soupie - that's what you need too, with whatever you end up with. =)

Good luck!

1708298636163.jpeg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I'd enjoy having a Bronco as a second (or third) vehicle.

But wouldn't give up the ranger for one.

Of course, I'm also not sure I'd choose a 6g over a gm twin.... Or a new taco...

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
The salesperson see's your itchy for a vehicle and wants to sell one now(the day you were there) The Bronco is there on the lot so he upsells it by saying the Ranger won't be there till summer.
Remember with sales people it's all about them, them, them. could really care less if your happy after you sign. JMO

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
A few days ago I thought I saw something about them actually upping production on our beloved Rangers , maybe some will show up soon , I'm sure lots have been canceled , maybe someone else's loss could be your gain ! Never driven a new Bronco ( have drove the Ole ones though , 3 in the tree) can't imagine it's as nimble and fun as the Ranger though...

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
If I could buy- well, lease a Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring plug in hybrid I'd want that.

But I felt I needed a truck, not a boutique off road capable SUV like a Bronco.

Are you stuck with a binary choice?

Last edited:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
@Sammy before taking the dealers word for order timeliness check out this dealers channel.

https://youtube.com/@longmcarthur?

When I was waiting for my 23 they were a wealth of information about delays and production movement.

Also, there is a blue oval forum that for a time had great information about production. It's mostly crap now, but there might be a gem or two there.

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
About the only time I use my truck as a truck anymore is to take things to and from the storage unit. 🙃
Sponsored