First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
My son in law's brother has a 2019 mustang 5.0 putting almost 800 HP to the ground...he has his next block picked out because he knows it just a matter of time with how he drives an drag races his car. He's always looking for more power but he can't get what he has to the ground. He had less than 300 miles on it when he voided the warranty putting long tube headers an hi flow x pipe on it an the hunt for more started.

hope the OP gets some relief with the warranties. When I looked the specs of the block over I was disappointed to see they don't have forged pistons.
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say, I'm impressed with OP's attitude through his ordeal. His statement of knowing it's a pay-to-play game is refreshing in a day where people like to point fingers. I hope for him that 5 Star takes care of him and it's kind of sad but understandable why Ford would dip out on this.

OP
OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke with 5 Star Tuning, and told them that Ford blames “All the Mods” as I asked what specific “MOD” caused my engine to fail... also told 5 Star that I purchased their warranty... I was put on hold, and told them, I don’t believe it’s the tune... he pulled up my data etc... they’ll get back to me within an hour and a half... Excellent Customer Service... Ford is still crickets, on what exact “MOD” killed the engine...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Out of curiosity how much is a crate motor for one of these things now a days?

OP
OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity how much is a crate motor for one of these things now a days?
Me to LMAO in case this goes South for me... labor and install etc... just round about figures etc...

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
i wouldnt be surprised if its a $5000 US cost for the engine alone
Someone on here quite a while back said $6500. Im not sure where they got that from though.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That's actually less than I was expecting.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The ones I see are mustang 310 hp 350 tq for a mustang....will all the accessories all transfer over? Hope I never have to do it though. I saw a set of performance cams listed as optional parts too.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for thoughts and process.. Never had a motor blow on me before, so I’m just puzzled... I’ll be contacting 5 Star, to see what they say about the warranty etc... When I receive pics etc, I’ll post them... Tried calling them this morning, think the cold front coming through, has everyone staying home... We have snow in League City TX :oops:

Ahh, you have never lived until you are flying down the highway and the tortured sounds of a piston yearning for freedom from the engine block suddenly distract you from your Dream Theater cassette while white smoke suddenly appears everywhere and your windshield is covered in oil. Yup, dems the good 'ole days.

At least when I blew the engine in my Fiero the engine was behind me.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, you have never lived until you are flying down the highway and the tortured sounds of a piston yearning for freedom from the engine block suddenly distract you from your Dream Theater cassette while white smoke suddenly appears everywhere and your windshield is covered in oil. Yup, dems the good 'ole days.

Or at 8k in high gear, in a burn out, with about 10K people watching you.....

duster2.jpg

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV

LOL! I had one in front (Chevy Vega) and one behind (VW Vanagon). Pretty sure I don't want to live through another. What a mess!

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I have to say, I'm impressed with OP's attitude through his ordeal. His statement of knowing it's a pay-to-play game is refreshing in a day where people like to point fingers. I hope for him that 5 Star takes care of him and it's kind of sad but understandable why Ford would dip out on this.
+1, I have the same philosophy when I buy a new Harley. I know for a fact I will never keep it stock ( I like the skin on my legs too much), so I just know in my heart and head, that if it blows, It's on my nickel.

I too hope the OP gets some relief. But I too am proud to see his attitude. Never heard it called that, but, "Pay to Play" is exactly what it is. Good On You.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
@Project Midnight

I have a special place in my heart for sometimes being a passive aggressive bastard with the artful skill of extracting information. Give me the word and the proper phone number at Ford and "OFC Lawyer" could see about getting you some more info. Playing pretend as an adult is still fun at times.
Sponsored