Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m calling BS. Nobody gets their expert license in their first weekend of track riding from any reputable club. Are we talking Nintendo?
I'll second that......or it could explain a lot
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Wasn’t sure where to post this, but I feel like everyone should know... I’m running a 5 Star Tune, blow off valve, AFE inter cooler pipes, intake, and 3” exhaust... everything has been bought through 5 Star Tuning... I’ve had the 93 performance tune since 5,000 miles, and it’s ran flawlessly.... I’m currently at 19’000 miles... was heading to work one morning, and the low oil pressure light came on, CLANK CLANK CLANK, sounded like I threw a rod.... currently have it back at my dealer, to see if Ford will cover the repair... I think the oil pump went south, or maybe the rod bolts weren’t tightend to spec?? Don’t know, but I purchased the 5 Star Tuning Warranty when I bought the tune, just in case... I don’t think it was the tune, but I bet Ford is gonna try and blame them... My dealer is pushing for Ford to cover the cost, because the miles are so low... I had no check engine lights before the melt down... I’ll keep everyone posted how this comes out... Wish me luck... ?
Any updates?

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
im contemplating a dual purpose because gas prices have gone through the roof...but i fear the insurance will offset any savings.
Not too bad. Just renewed mine on Yamaha Tracer @ $158 year.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Not too bad. Just renewed mine on Yamaha Tracer @ $158 year.
Just have to tease us Canadians with your low prices, don't you. :D
Ranger Pride is in Ontario. Here in BC, it's $2700 for my Harley......for 6 months :puke:

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just have to tease us Canadians with your low prices, don't you. :D
Ranger Pride is in Ontario. Here in BC, it's $2700 for my Harley......for 6 months :puke:
My 07 Harley Softail Custom, less than 400 a year, man can't believe what you guys are paying up there!!

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
im contemplating a dual purpose because gas prices have gone through the roof...but i fear the insurance will offset any savings.
If it didn't rain or snow here about 70% of the year, I would consider one myself. Gas is going to just keep getting higher... Gotta love green energy politics. :-(

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I have an 05 BMW RT. It's smooth as a sewing machine but it eats up tires. It's not like a Busa but 6k is about all she wrote for good tread. I used to commute via motorcycle in my youth. Splitting lanes for 30 miles got old. My hats off to those who do it day in and day out.

Years ago I was driving home in bad traffic. I was in the number 2 lane and I noticed a bike splitting up on my left. He had a reasonable delta but still was going about 25 with a passenger. A space in the number 1 lane opened up and the driver in front of me went for it not seeing the approaching bike. The bike rider was on his game. He immediatedly countersteered and swerved left and then immediately right around the car. It was a text book maneuver executed perfectly. The bike continued on like nothing happened.
Lesson learned. Practice, practice, practice.

OP
OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
I’m starting a new thread titled “I think I threw a rod, Season 2” I’ve finally got the pictures I promised this forum... now you won’t have to scroll through 73 pages to see them due to Forum Queens... see ya on the other side ?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I have an 05 BMW RT. It's smooth as a sewing machine but it eats up tires. It's not like a Busa but 6k is about all she wrote for good tread. I used to commute via motorcycle in my youth. Splitting lanes for 30 miles got old. My hats off to those who do it day in and day out.

Years ago I was driving home in bad traffic. I was in the number 2 lane and I noticed a bike splitting up on my left. He had a reasonable delta but still was going about 25 with a passenger. A space in the number 1 lane opened up and the driver in front of me went for it not seeing the approaching bike. The bike rider was on his game. He immediatedly countersteered and swerved left and then immediately right around the car. It was a text book maneuver executed perfectly. The bike continued on like nothing happened.
Lesson learned. Practice, practice, practice.
The '6th sense' I like to refer to. I had my 'Come to Jesus' moment at 16yo when I saw an approaching car at an intersection where I had the right of way - residential-urban area. My bike was totaled with me going to the hospital - he was 'running late for work'.

Was out of work/school for a month and was back on an upgraded bike within 3 months. Never made the previous mistake again - my newly developed '6th sense' served me well until I stopped riding in 2018. People turning left in front of me was my greatest fear - happened in the weeks leading up to my last ride. :frown: A similar 2015 Triumph Trophy depicted (stock image).

MRU_705318_TRIUMPH_TROPHY_1200SE_BLU-03.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
The '6th sense' I like to refer to. I had my 'Come to Jesus' moment at 16yo when I saw an approaching car at an intersection where I had the right of way - residential-urban area. My bike was totaled with me going to the hospital - he was 'running late for work'.

Was out of work/school for a month and was back on an upgraded bike within 3 months. Never made the previous mistake again - my newly developed '6th sense' served me well until I stopped riding in 2018. People turning left in front of me was my greatest fear - happened in the weeks leading up to my last ride. :frown: A similar 2015 Triumph Trophy depicted (stock image).

MRU_705318_TRIUMPH_TROPHY_1200SE_BLU-03.jpeg
Glad you’re here with us.
Sponsored