First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
Going to be doing a simple build on this truck, I want to retain the MPG as much as possible, that’s the reason I got it.

Day I bought it, next to the Raptor I traded in. Loved the Raptor but I hated having a black vehicle, and I do a lot of camping and the truck was so wide that it always ended up with a ton of pin stripes that I would have to fix.
926045B7-7B34-4C68-BF7A-853301578EE4.jpeg

Next morning I headed to my shop to figure out how to reattach my bed rack and RTT to this truck, luckily the tent fit better than I thought it would, I also cut down the cross braces to make them fit much better, don’t like when they stick out. The extra weight really leveled out the truck. The rack is the Yakima Overhaul HD, and the RTT is the Smittybuilt Overlander XL Gen 2, fits my family of 4 and our German Shepherd great.
D427F5FE-D3E9-439B-8135-72A322DD1FC0.jpeg

74DB79B3-BC41-40EC-A909-BE08E5F4DC73.jpeg

ED6C4510-083E-42D0-83F3-A70092189512.jpeg

DFB5BA9C-740B-4341-BA9A-B6F3146C527F.jpeg

Next I ordered the Diode Dynamics ditch light brackets so I could remount the Baja Designs light I had from my Raptor.

The only other thing I’ve done so far is Ceramic tint on the front windows and windshield, I park outside and love getting into a truck that’s not ridiculously hot.

Next thing I’ll do is going to be tires, and possibly wheels. I really don’t like these General Grabbers, they pick up every rock they drive over, I have already had to do my first round of chip repair after a few weekends of camping and mountain bike riding. Never had tires this bad before.
EB1005CB-9812-41DD-8BC4-25C6F31ECEEC.jpeg

After I decide on my wheels and tires, I will probably look into these things next:
Rock sliders
Exhaust
Bed storage/ organization.

Will update as I go.

BF0B5DFE-9549-44D1-8F93-A60FAF241F14.jpeg
Sponsored

JonnyRoBato

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Ranger Tremor Cactus Gray
Occupation
Skunk Herder
I keep seeing this Tremor drive around town. I'm so jelly. I will have a Cactus Gray Tremor any day now in Pocatello. It has shipped....woohoo. So, you'll see it cruising around shortly. I already have my rock/bug deflector, Diode Dynamics yellow fog replacements and driving lights sitting in my living room. Waiting to be put on...haha. I also have the Good Year in channel window vents, console tray, under carriage spray and 303 Graphene on standby.

I hope the tires are not that bad. I plan on keeping them. I may look into mud flaps or rocker guards. Would be less expensive for now. My current car, Subaru Outback, has BFG KO2 and they are not too bad at collecting rocks, but they pick up a few.

I like your truck. Looks good. Did you do the 3M UV blocking tint? Is that what you were referring to. I think I saw your truck at the tint shop next to my work. I have taken several vehicles there. I was going to get that for mine.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Saw first in person Tremor here in Meridian a couple weeks ago when I took the wife's Outback to the carwash. If I was in the Ranger I would have parked next to it.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Going to be doing a simple build on this truck, I want to retain the MPG as much as possible, that’s the reason I got it.

Day I bought it, next to the Raptor I traded in. Loved the Raptor but I hated having a black vehicle, and I do a lot of camping and the truck was so wide that it always ended up with a ton of pin stripes that I would have to fix.
926045B7-7B34-4C68-BF7A-853301578EE4.jpeg

Next morning I headed to my shop to figure out how to reattach my bed rack and RTT to this truck, luckily the tent fit better than I thought it would, I also cut down the cross braces to make them fit much better, don’t like when they stick out. The extra weight really leveled out the truck. The rack is the Yakima Overhaul HD, and the RTT is the Smittybuilt Overlander XL Gen 2, fits my family of 4 and our German Shepherd great.
D427F5FE-D3E9-439B-8135-72A322DD1FC0.jpeg

74DB79B3-BC41-40EC-A909-BE08E5F4DC73.jpeg

ED6C4510-083E-42D0-83F3-A70092189512.jpeg

Next I ordered the Diode Dynamics ditch light brackets so I could remount the Baja Designs light I had from my Raptor.

The only other thing I’ve done so far is Ceramic tint on the front windows and windshield, I park outside and love getting into a truck that’s not ridiculously hot.

Next thing I’ll do is going to be tires, and possibly wheels. I really don’t like these General Grabbers, they pick up every rock they drive over, I have already had to do my first round of chip repair after a few weekends of camping and mountain bike riding. Never had tires this bad before.
EB1005CB-9812-41DD-8BC4-25C6F31ECEEC.jpeg

After I decide on my wheels and tires, I will probably look into these things next:
Rock sliders
Exhaust
Bed storage/ organization.

Will update as I go.

BF0B5DFE-9549-44D1-8F93-A60FAF241F14.jpeg
Great looking rig - I have the same tires but gravel is not a problem for me, even when I head out on gravel roads. Maybe they just use a crush size in your area that disagrees with your tires.

That sucks - I guess they call them Grabbers for a reason.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
I keep seeing this Tremor drive around town. I'm so jelly. I will have a Cactus Gray Tremor any day now in Pocatello. It has shipped....woohoo. So, you'll see it cruising around shortly. I already have my rock/bug deflector, Diode Dynamics yellow fog replacements and driving lights sitting in my living room. Waiting to be put on...haha. I also have the Good Year in channel window vents, console tray, under carriage spray and 303 Graphene on standby.

I hope the tires are not that bad. I plan on keeping them. I may look into mud flaps or rocker guards. Would be less expensive for now. My current car, Subaru Outback, has BFG KO2 and they are not too bad at collecting rocks, but they pick up a few.

I like your truck. Looks good. Did you do the 3M UV blocking tint? Is that what you were referring to. I think I saw your truck at the tint shop next to my work. I have taken several vehicles there. I was going to get that for mine.
I saw that Courtesy Ford has a Cactus Grey on order, must be yours. I love that color. I stumbled across mine, wasn't even looking at rangers haha.
The tires are really bad for me. We were up Chinese peak watching fireworks last night and I was up with 4 jeeps with various tires and 2 had the KO2s and they had like 4-5 rocks on a tire we counted 20 on one tire on my ranger. I think I'm going to go with the ridge grapplers.
I did the ceramic uv stuff on the windshield, I think it's the same on the sides as well. Its definitely cooler in the truck when I get off work, not cool, but nothing is burning hot when I get in. It's pretty nice.

JonnyRoBato

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Skunk Herder
Oh, I didn't know they had UV coating for the windshield. I will definitely look into that. I am for sure going to tint the front door windows though.

I go up Chinese Peak sometimes too. I guess I'll have to see if I have the same experience. I'm thinking about a rack and RTT as well. I ordered mine with the factory bed cover though. The hard folding one. So, I'll have to see if I can get that to work somehow.

I keep getting more and more excited for mine to show up at the dealer. I am having the Ford Performance Tune done as well. It will be sweet. I keep seeing your truck and not regretting my purchase at all....haha. I also see the other Carbonized one in town as well sometimes. Saw it at Daves too. All the tremors look nice, in all the colors. Same with the standard Rangers. I used to own a 99 off road super cab. I am glad to be coming back to the Ranger community. I've missed it.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
Yea tint is a must, I called to get appointments right after I got the truck and everyone was because booked for 4+ weeks. I even called assume places in Idaho falls and it was the same story. I called Dave's back to schedule with him since he was the earliest and he said he actually had a spot clear up so I only had to wait like 2 weeks.

That road up Chinese peak is really bad and so is the roads around Mink Creek. I am up there all the time for bike riding and camping. I drive really slow on the way home haha. I have been honked at a few times.

I have been really happy with the purchase as well, I loved my Raptor but I never drove it because my wife's SUV got such better gas mileage so we would always take that unless we were going camping. Now it's really nice having a 2nd vehicle that gets decent mileage so we don't have to rack up the miles on hers constantly.
I wasn't even looking at the Ranger but I was at Courtesy one night looking at another truck and I saw the Tremor sitting in the back, I did a 2nd take and saw the Tremor badging and got out to drool over it. I went back the next day to see if it was already sold and there was 2 guys who just left that were looking at it but they didn't commit. Their initial offer for my Raptor was right in the ball park for what I wanted so we made the deal happen.
Did you get a Lariat Tremor as well or go with a XLT?

JonnyRoBato

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Skunk Herder
Yea tint is a must, I called to get appointments right after I got the truck and everyone was because booked for 4+ weeks. I even called assume places in Idaho falls and it was the same story. I called Dave's back to schedule with him since he was the earliest and he said he actually had a spot clear up so I only had to wait like 2 weeks.

That road up Chinese peak is really bad and so is the roads around Mink Creek. I am up there all the time for bike riding and camping. I drive really slow on the way home haha. I have been honked at a few times.

I have been really happy with the purchase as well, I loved my Raptor but I never drove it because my wife's SUV got such better gas mileage so we would always take that unless we were going camping. Now it's really nice having a 2nd vehicle that gets decent mileage so we don't have to rack up the miles on hers constantly.
I wasn't even looking at the Ranger but I was at Courtesy one night looking at another truck and I saw the Tremor sitting in the back, I did a 2nd take and saw the Tremor badging and got out to drool over it. I went back the next day to see if it was already sold and there was 2 guys who just left that were looking at it but they didn't commit. Their initial offer for my Raptor was right in the ball park for what I wanted so we made the deal happen.
Did you get a Lariat Tremor as well or go with a XLT?

I ordered on April 4th. Still impatiently waiting...haha. I ordered the Lariat, Cactus Gray, with bed liner, hard folding tonneau cover, tow package, and the keypad even though they stick it on the door in a dumb spot. I really wanted the keypad, all my buddies with Fords love it. I stopped and looked at yours when it was on the lot. I had already ordered mine but never got to see one up close in person. While I was there, it was after hours, a couple other guys stopped to look as well. They were both previous Taco owners and asked me about it because I knew all the add-ons for the Tremor...lol.

Do you think mud flaps would help with the rock chips on the rocker panels? I may order some but am having a hard time finding ones that fit.

OP
OP

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
I ordered on April 4th. Still impatiently waiting...haha. I ordered the Lariat, Cactus Gray, with bed liner, hard folding tonneau cover, tow package, and the keypad even though they stick it on the door in a dumb spot. I really wanted the keypad, all my buddies with Fords love it. I stopped and looked at yours when it was on the lot. I had already ordered mine but never got to see one up close in person. While I was there, it was after hours, a couple other guys stopped to look as well. They were both previous Taco owners and asked me about it because I knew all the add-ons for the Tremor...lol.

Do you think mud flaps would help with the rock chips on the rocker panels? I may order some but am having a hard time finding ones that fit.
I have had a couple f150s and the keypads are awesome, I'm not sure why other manufacturers don't do it. I didn't even think about it when I got this truck and it wasn't until after I had already signed the paperwork that I found out that it didn't have one. I was kind of bummed at first but then I saw that it was just a stick on thing and I was kind of happy it wasn't on it. It just looks weird on it. But yea they are very useful.

Mud flaps will definitely help but there is another guy who has them on his tremor and he said that they still have the occasional rock hit. I am also thinking some rock slider or even the normal side steps would be good. I am pretty nit picky with stuff, most of the guys that commented on the thread I started about the tires don't seem to mind it as much as me. My truck sees a lot of dirt roads so it kills me haha.

JonnyRoBato

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Skunk Herder
I have had a couple f150s and the keypads are awesome, I'm not sure why other manufacturers don't do it. I didn't even think about it when I got this truck and it wasn't until after I had already signed the paperwork that I found out that it didn't have one. I was kind of bummed at first but then I saw that it was just a stick on thing and I was kind of happy it wasn't on it. It just looks weird on it. But yea they are very useful.

Mud flaps will definitely help but there is another guy who has them on his tremor and he said that they still have the occasional rock hit. I am also thinking some rock slider or even the normal side steps would be good. I am pretty nit picky with stuff, most of the guys that commented on the thread I started about the tires don't seem to mind it as much as me. My truck sees a lot of dirt roads so it kills me haha.

Yeah location of keypad is dumb. I may do the dental floss removal trick and move it. I even saw a post were a guy put it in his fuel door so it was hidden. You can also order them on the Ford site for a $100 and add it later. You have to get the right one though. Levviton Ford sells them for less I think.

I think I may try the RokBlokz XL mud flap even though they say they don't fit. I read if you get a nylon spacer for one of the bolts, they fit straight. The Gator Backs seem too expensive for mud flaps, but they look way nice. Also considering doing a paint protection film on the just the rockers. Not sure yet. My wallet can only take so much....haha. I can see how it kills you. After my house, it will be the most expensive thing I own. I will hate to see rock chip damage. It's a long term investment for me. The Grabbers will have to stay until worn.

JonnyRoBato

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Skunk Herder
Gatorbacks are an excellent choice and fit.

Those do look the best, but the price is killing me....haha. I may try the RokBlokz with a spacer. They are considerably less. I would hate to buy them and not have them work as well though. I may learn the hard way.....lol.

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw the post about them rubbing, and you already tried them. I guess I will keep looking or save up for the Gatorbacks.

Last edited:

Poky

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The price is an issue. I went with the plain black without the metal plates. Much more affordable option.

Rokblokz is working with fellow Pocatello member Renewed Caper to resolve the fitment issues. You might want to wait to hear what he says after his visit. I think he’s working with them this Friday.
Sponsored