Text messages

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
When I first paired my phone I was able to get text messages. The past few days it has stop? I've removed my phone and paired it again still nothing. I did get some over the weekend with it phone plugged in to the USB.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I first paired my phone I was able to get text messages. The past few days it has stop? I've removed my phone and paired it again still nothing. I did get some over the weekend with it phone plugged in to the USB.
Any help would be appreciated.
Take a look and see if it's still connected through bluetooth. I hardly ever connect with the USB and my text always pop up on the center screen. I know there's a setting on the center stack under settings/phone/text which gives you different chimes and the option to just hear it. Mines set to the 1st chime then it displays on the screen where I have to touch the button to hear it. If you just want to hear it and not have to touch the screen just set it to hear text (last option).

OP
OP

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Take a look and see if it's still connected through bluetooth. I hardly ever connect with the USB and my text always pop up on the center screen. I know there's a setting on the center stack under settings/phone/text which gives you different chimes and the option to just hear it. Mines set to the 1st chime then it displays on the screen where I have to touch the button to hear it. If you just want to hear it and not have to touch the screen just set it to hear text (last option).
Went into the settings tonight it all looks good. It is connected with Bluetooth all the time. The crazy thing is I can still receive calls and make call through Bluetooth connection. But no text.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Went into the settings tonight it all looks good. It is connected with Bluetooth all the time. The crazy thing is I can still receive calls and make call through Bluetooth connection. But no text.
That's strange. Only other thing would be to re-boot your phone but I'm sure you tried that too or my last resort...a hammer.:lipssealed:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's strange. Only other thing would be to re-boot your phone but I'm sure you tried that too or my last resort...a hammer.:lipssealed:
If it is an iPhone and you recently updated it, it might have something to do with that. iOS 13.2 apparently introduced some significant issues. It seems like every new release is fixing some things and breaking others.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If it is an iPhone and you recently updated it, it might have something to do with that. iOS 13.2 apparently introduced some significant issues. It seems like every new release is fixing some things and breaking others.
That's so true,I forgot about the update as I haven't updated to IOS 13 yet. When it first came out I remember reading they were going to have another update within a couple days to fix the original update.

OP
OP

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Sorry I should have said I have an Android Google phone. Not a big deal about the text just wondering if this is the start of technology gremlins.
That's so true,I forgot about the update as I haven't updated to IOS 13 yet. When it first came out I remember reading they were going to have another update within a couple days to fix the original update.
Ha

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Sorry I should have said I have an Android Google phone. Not a big deal about the text just wondering if this is the start of technology gremlins.

Ha
Check that you have it enabled on the phone side in the BT settings. an try a toggle off/on to see if it starts working again. Most likely the messages aren't being pushed across from the phone.

OP
OP

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Thanks for all the help. The only text I wasn't receiving was from my wife. Started looking at how our phones were set up. We had the chat setting on for text messages. Once I turned that it's working now.
Thanks again!
Sponsored