Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Well since I had off today I decided to go check out the new Maverick. Local Ford dealer had an electric blue XLT FX4…
Drives Great with the 2.0 EcoBoost!!
Smooth as silk rolling down the highway…definitely a cartruck…?
This one has the 4K towing package and is full AWD.
Nice ergonomic setup in the cab, which is definitely as big as our Rangers.
I’m thinking of trading in the Kona Ultimate for the Maverick as my daily driver.
Problem is, like I said in a previous post….not the time to buy unless you REALLY need too. They want 3K over sticker for that thing! NO WAY!
$31,350
Nice truck though!
Kid told me if you order from Ford no markup…?

513ACB5C-C607-472F-A771-72028D8D1198.jpeg

FC3D5649-9941-43B9-8F22-C17887EA722D.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You're buying a Maverick? I don't even know who you are anymore Mark. lol :shock::facepalm: ?

They do look like a pretty good vehicle for someone who doesn't need a truck full time and doesn't haul or tow anything heavy. It's really the perfect vehicle for someone who's semi retired or retired in the trades that still does some small odd jobs and doesn't need a big truck or van. But for that price I think I'd buy a Ranger XL first.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I already have one, my 1999 Toyota Tacoma 2WD 3.4L scab but none of the bells and whistles of the new Maverick. Oh and it only cost me $14,000 LOL :like: that Tacoma is now 23 years old and only 140,000 miles on it. She sits in my garage as my Ranger won't fit. Oh and I forgot I got life time lube and oil too. :like:

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Well since I had off today I decided to go check out the new Maverick. Local Ford dealer had an electric blue XLT FX4…
Drives Great with the 2.0 EcoBoost!!
Smooth as silk rolling down the highway…definitely a cartruck…?
This one has the 4K towing package and is full AWD.
Nice ergonomic setup in the cab, which is definitely as big as our Rangers.
I’m thinking of trading in the Kona Ultimate for the Maverick as my daily driver.
Problem is, like I said in a previous post….not the time to buy unless you REALLY need too. They want 3K over sticker for that thing! NO WAY!
$31,350
Nice truck though!
Kid told me if you order from Ford no markup…?

513ACB5C-C607-472F-A771-72028D8D1198.jpeg

FC3D5649-9941-43B9-8F22-C17887EA722D.jpeg
Actually consider one of these and actually, that seemed pretty close on my build price. If I remember mine was blue 2.0 Awd Fx4 tow package. It definitely was over 30,000. I decided to order another ranger instead. So I'm waiting on a 22. Just say that 31350 looks about right unless that was the sticker plus 3000.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Actually consider one of these and actually, that seemed pretty close on my build price. If I remember mine was blue 2.0 Awd Fx4 tow package. It definitely was over 30,000. I decided to order another ranger instead. So I'm waiting on a 22. Just say that 31350 looks about right unless that was the sticker plus 3000.
Sticker was actually $28,625….they want $31,625

I’d be ok with the $29K….

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew

Maybe I added something I'm forgetting on the build I did, was over 30, figured if going that much. I'll buy something with a frame vs unibody. Good luck

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

That sucks....I will give you an X Plan which is ½% above dealer invoice. Bet they refuse to honor the X plan but might work..... I was going to buy a Ford GT, but dealer was $100,000 over MSRP...Still in the bidding but fellow just offered any amount over best offer... I hate dealer gouging.

Since I do not accept PM due to an overwhelmed inbox.... Mods can get to me to tell me of your interest....Most folks will not take this rounte, but if you are serious I would like to help if I can...

Best,
Phil

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
I enjoyed driving the 2.0 Ecoboost AWD XLT demo I had a chance to drive... then I drove the Ranger Lariat which was nicer. Went and priced out a Mav, but ended up in the price range of the Ranger. Eventually talked myself into a Ranger.

The Mav is a really nice truck for what it offers, but Fords pricing scheme is well worked out. Grr Ford. Ya got me.

I'm glad though because there are a number of complaints about the Mav as it's 1st gen. Perhaps in a generation or two it'll be hitting on all cylinders & be worth ordering. Definitely interested to see it grow as well as any competition that comes along. It does hit a really nice price point.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
You're buying a Maverick? I don't even know who you are anymore Mark. lol :shock::facepalm: ?

They do like a pretty good vehicle for someone who doesn't need a truck full time and doesn't haul or tow anything heavy. It's really the perfect vehicle for someone who's semi retired or retired in the trades that still does some small odd jobs and doesn't need a big truck or van. But for that price I think I'd buy a Ranger XL first.
Not that I tow anything anymore, but this thing had the 4K tow package. It drives pretty darn nice…..now remember, I drive the little Kona Ultimate as my daily driver. After driving it I believe it would make a much better utility, daily driver for me. I think I could get them to 1K over but the biggest issue is registration here in Colorado. It’s brutal! If I was in Texas it would be no problem, like $90/yr
Here it would be about $650 for the first year due in a couple of months. Then it would be about $450-$500 next year. Not sure I want to start over with a new vehicle here. Go drive one with the 2L EcoBoost Dave, see what you think…
Btw…I would trade the Kona for it, NOT my Ranger, ?
Sponsored