Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Personally have no issue with EVs. Plan on owning one day.

My problem are with the actual drivers of Teslas that drive like DICKS!
It’s as if they’re so paranoid about being stuck without juice, they’re constantly hypermiling, especially in the fast lane. Yet, the manufacturers and owners are oh so quick to tell everyone how fast they are. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
sometimes i feel like cars and trucks somewhat reflect a drivers personality. since we are 5g members clearly we are of good morale character and intellect. But a holes are every where these days ev or non ev.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
The folks who want to force EV's on us don't care.
If you have to die in the cold because your EV won't run that's a small price to pay to stop global warming.
EV's are right for some people and if someone wants one they should be able to buy one, but I object to them being forced on everyone without a vote from Congress.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The folks who want to force EV's on us don't care.
If you have to die in the cold because your EV won't run that's a small price to pay to stop global warming.
EV's are right for some people and if someone wants one they should be able to buy one, but I object to them being forced on everyone without a vote from Congress.
i agree if folks want them, great. if they dont it should not be forced. I dont think it should be forced on auto makers either. Folks in North America historically do not care for forced agendas. free market can handle the issue just fine. the stopping global warming thing is just fluff. humans could cease to exist friday and the cycles of the planet would still happen lol. im not saying we are not causing things like pollution or deforestation and so on. Just that we cannot stop or slow the situation from happening.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
My problem are with the actual drivers of Teslas that drive like DICKS!
That may or may not be the driver. My sister has a Tesla and likes to use the autopilot a lot. Sometimes it does weird things - like when a vehicle approaches from a side road and stops: The Tesla will drive past it and then suddenly slow down. There were a few other times when it braked and I could see no reason for it. It mostly does pretty good on rural highways, but in town there is just too much going on I guess. I wouldn't trust it too far myself.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
That may or may not be the driver. My sister has a Tesla and likes to use the autopilot a lot. Sometimes it does weird things - like when a vehicle approaches from a side road and stops: The Tesla will drive past it and then suddenly slow down. There were a few other times when it braked and I could see no reason for it. It mostly does pretty good on rural highways, but in town there is just too much going on I guess. I wouldn't trust it too far myself.
Maybe its because I am in DC that has the worlds worst drivers and no traffic enforcement but I cannot remember how many times I have been cut off by Teslas.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Maybe its because I am in DC that has the worlds worst drivers and no traffic enforcement but I cannot remember how many times I have been cut off by Teslas.
The one guy I knew who had a Telsa would launch it out of the parking lot at work. A super fast AWD launch combined with complete silence in a parking lot when everyone is backing out to go home. Disaster waiting to happen.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
OK, that is not the self driving feature...

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
One of my friends has been wanting to buy a new GM EV. They keep pushing the release date back an it looks like they are nothing but trouble. I told him he should rethink that an if he really wants an EV just get a Tesla like everyone else.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
News making more from a story. It would be like all us Ranger Owners sitting at ONE gas station that had no gas.

There are supercharge stations everywhere: (These are just TESLA ones) They can use any of the other chargers as well (Electrify America, Blink, EVGo, Volta)
1705367730897.png
I don't think the issue is with the chargers per se, the problem is that the battery is too cold to accept a charge, and if it's already near flat, and you you've already pulled up, can't use the pre condition function - which warms the battery.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
My wife bought an EV, she has a long commute to one of her jobs, and can get a free top up at the far end. When at home we can get a free top up from our solar. A job commute that was costing us >$150 a week in diesel, is now effectively free. It is actually quite a nice drive, surprisingly quick, silent to drive, with the usual auto everything. We use it a lot as a run around.
If we need to travel longer distances we just use the Ranger.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
This is horrible design. You have to collect hay for all summer and oats in autumn just to keep this design running. And if you get unlucky with weather you even have to pile the hay to haystack in order to get it somewhat dry and survive over winter.

Only positive thing with these is that the new model comes each year for free (although you have to relearn the AI on each individual vehicle).

Trust me, I know these things as I've been feeding them since 90's...
True but you can pick up free fuel from the side of the road on country runs.
Sponsored