First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Can anyone confirm that your display shows if you shift into any of the terrain management systems. I noticed today after my recall, that my cluster does not display anything Im doing with the TMS. It will show if I put it in LOW. I think something is wrong.
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've only messed with it once, at the dealership a week ago. When I pushed the TM button, it displayed on the screen between the gauges on the XLT I bought.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, does the display show you're in 4x LOW or does the TM seem to work when you're in 4x Low?

If your TM isn't working at all, I'm wondering if a tech had your truck hooked up to their laptop and a check box got unchecked by accident. Just spit-balling here, but...

...I had the Ford Performance TracKey function installed on my 2014 Mustang GT, and it was supposed to turn on when you inserted the special key in the ignition. The dealership had some issues with getting it to work when I went in to get it installed on the computer. I got home and found out they didn't program the key to start the car. I programmed the key myself, and then had to take it back to the dealership for them to plug a laptop back into the car and then check a box on screen for the feature to be activated.

I'm wondering if the TM feature needs reactivated on your truck?
To that end, I'm wondering if the potential for TM exists in the software for most of these trucks without the FX4 package and could possibly be turned on with the right equipment. Again, I'm just spit-balling here. I know with a lot of the Dodge Chargers, all of the cool track apps and high performance cool stuff that displays on the entertainment screen on the Hell Cat cars is actually in the lower level cars and can be turned on with a computer and a person with the right knowledge.

Good luck getting a resolution. I'd run your truck back up to the dealership and have them look at it really quick!

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
@Glocker YOu bring up a good point about check marks. which had me thinking I may be able to find it in Forscan.

If I turn the knob to sand,mud or snow, Nothing displays on my cluster. I know it use to tell me for Rock mode: YOu must be in N and 4x4 low must be activated or something like that.

Now, if i put the TMS in any position, I can feel the transmission act different. So it seems that the TMS works and I just lost my display. Im not getting any error messages or anything like that.

It will show 4x4 low is activated in the display. Also the regular lights work for each event. Like lights for rear diff lock, 4 low, and traction off.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Glocker YOu bring up a good point about check marks. which had me thinking I may be able to find it in Forscan.

If I turn the knob to sand,mud or snow, Nothing displays on my cluster. I know it use to tell me for Rock mode: YOu must be in N and 4x4 low must be activated or something like that.

Now, if i put the TMS in any position, I can feel the transmission act different. So it seems that the TMS works and I just lost my display. Im not getting any error messages or anything like that.

It will show 4x4 low is activated in the display. Also the regular lights work for each event. Like lights for rear diff lock, 4 low, and traction off.
On mine you don't turn the knob. You press TM in the middle of the knob over and over to cycle through the options.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
On mine you don't turn the knob. You press TM in the middle of the knob over and over to cycle through the options.
I may have a slight different set up, my center button is for hill decent mode.
IMG_3008.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I may have a slight different set up, my center button is for hill decent mode.
IMG_3008.jpg
Interesting! My hill descent is up with the locking diff. button and auto start/stop. On my knob I only have option for 2H, 4H, and 4L. Are you in the USA?

Deleted member 1634

Interesting! My hill descent is up with the locking diff. button and auto start/stop. On my knob I only have option for 2H, 4H, and 4L. Are you in the USA?
He has a Ford Everest, which is the SUV version of the Ranger in parts of the world. They share a lot of stuff, but not everything. Pretty cool to see the differences and similarities.

I wonder where your 4WD selector is then though? Or can you only get into 4WD by changing drive modes?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He has a Ford Everest, which is the SUV version of the Ranger in parts of the world. They share a lot of stuff, but not everything. Pretty cool to see the differences and similarities.

I wonder where your 4WD selector is then though? Or can you only get into 4WD by changing drive modes?
When I clicked on his picture, the 4Low is up were my locking diff. button is. I wonder if putting it in a terrain mode engages 4high?

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
When I clicked on his picture, the 4Low is up were my locking diff. button is. I wonder if putting it in a terrain mode engages 4high?
Im pretty sure its 4h unless I go into Rock mode. Bc I can barely move in Rock mode without the RPMs sounding like a Rocket. The torque though, that gearing they have for that mode feels like you could pull a house down.

Side Note; Talking about pulling a house down, my Grandfather and Dad used a 1959 Chevy Apache 3200. They used that thing to pull an old house down. My dad told me they tortured that truck. That little straight 6 and gearing in that truck was tuff. I still have it in storage.
Sponsored

Last edited: