First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Does any know if you can tap into ghe brake light circuit behind the brake light without causing any problems with electronics? I have a Lariat with the full boat of electronics. I know you can.t tap in at the trailer plug.

Thanks
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Does any know if you can tap into ghe brake light circuit behind the brake light without causing any problems with electronics? I have a Lariat with the full boat of electronics. I know you can.t tap in at the trailer plug.

Thanks
Yes, many of us have done that.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'm interested in where one could tap in. I have the acc and auto braking and want to add the Ford branded trailer brake controller. I do not have the appetite to pull down the headliner just to get to that installation specified brake light tap point though.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Yes, many of us have done that.

I love when people show a video!! I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but videos are priceless. :like: Thank you from us folk who like diagram/picture instructions. I only read them when the picture doesn't tell the entire story :wink:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I love when people show a video!! I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but videos are priceless. :like: Thank you from us folk who like diagram/picture instructions. I only read them when the picture doesn't tell the entire story :wink:
Brings back a memory for me! Before I could read very well and was pretty young my Raleigh 3 speed hub locked up. So the guys at the bike store photocopied the manual pages and off I went. Just going by the pictures and 3 separate attempts I got it right. Think I was 6 or 7 years old. The guys at the bike shop were so impressed that I could do it that they asked my dad (my driver to store) if they could pay me to rebuild ones for them. They had a box of like 30 of them to do. All parts would be provided. Think they we’re going to pay me 5 bucks a hub. That was my summer job that year ?

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the respones. Follow up question........Has any one done the tap in that has LED tail, turn signals and backup lights?.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in where one could tap in. I have the acc and auto braking and want to add the Ford branded trailer brake controller. I do not have the appetite to pull down the headliner just to get to that installation specified brake light tap point though.
Hi Jason,

I believe there is forum post on accessing the brake light wire under the dash and avoid pulling down the headliner...

Best,
P

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase