Tall guys, How do you like your leg room?

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Thanks for your input everyone. Today I checked out the XLT. Once the salesman showed me how to adjust the seat up/down I was able to get enough leg room and it felt comfortable for the long haul. I like it! Will be taking delivery of this tomorrow.

Glocker, I know what you mean. Almost 20 years in a Crown Vic then a few years in Tahoes and Expeditions. Never did get to try out a Police Ford Explorer or Charger. My back aches just thinking about it. Take care brother.

20200805_152316 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
6'1" with 34" and no issues. in point of fact...(yeah scoring points here) I had the wife drive, mother in law sat in passenger front side and I rode in the back from Houston to Austin. The rear sets were okay...not awesomely comfortable like riding in a Lincoln or Caddy but I wasn't too bothered with it.

She had plenty of room and I had enough room to move about myself and was fine.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your input everyone. Today I checked out the XLT. Once the salesman showed me how to adjust the seat up/down I was able to get enough leg room and it felt comfortable for the long haul. I like it! Will be taking delivery of this tomorrow.

Glocker, I know what you mean. Almost 20 years in a Crown Vic then a few years in Tahoes and Expeditions. Never did get to try out a Police Ford Explorer or Charger. My back aches just thinking about it. Take care brother.

8 more years and I wont have to worry about it anymore either! Stay safe!

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
6"1 with longer legs, perfectly fine leg room. Now if I have someone behind me that's a different story (good thing my back seat passenger 99% of the time is my dog)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
... Will be taking delivery of this tomorrow...

Nice, almost got white when I was looking, but the silver sang the siren's song ;)

What'll you do for first mod? :LOL:

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
6"1 with longer legs, perfectly fine leg room. Now if I have someone behind me that's a different story (good thing my back seat passenger 99% of the time is my dog)
Whenever my kids get in the backseat the tallest one sits right behind me. I think they coordinate it to annoy me.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
6’1” and 32” inseam, no issues. I wish the seat could go up higher without getting closer to the dash though.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Nice, almost got white when I was looking, but the silver sang the siren's song ;)

What'll you do for first mod? :LOL:
I like white vehicles. Perfect for the desert.

First mod? I'm torn between side step/rock rails, Fox coil over leveling kit or spray-in bed liner. Will get all three eventually.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I like white vehicles. Perfect for the desert.

First mod? I'm torn between side step/rock rails, Fox coil over leveling kit or spray-in bed liner. Will get all three eventually.
Bed liner definitely good first choice, that's what I did plus a few other items at same time - put it on the purchase if you can do it (add bed liner that is)...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

So tall guys, are you generally satisfied with the leg room in your Ranger?

Thanks.
Cliff
I am also six foot three, and wear 34/34 jeans. I have no problem at all with the headroom or legroom on the Ranger. These are always concerns for me whenever I choose a new vehicle, and so I made to sure to sit in a Ranger at my dealer's showroom before buying. Another thing, which you can't really tell without taking a long drive, longer than a test drive, is that the seats are remarkably comfortable as well. Naturally, I had to fiddle with the seat adjustments to find the one that was just right, but once I found it, I just leave it alone, and so the whole question of manual vs. electric seat adjustments is not something that comes up very often.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

Cliff
I’m 6’2” also with a 34 seam. I have really not found a comfortable position yet. My knees hit the console and if my ares are good on the wheel them my legs are not comfortable..my truck has been in the shop for the second [squirrels ate my wires episode for a tune of $2080.

i did get a BMW 330i for a loaner and that is very comfortable so I am in no hurry to get my truck back. It is done but the insurance company and dealer have to come together on the payment 0 times what the insurance adjuster said.. sorry, I digressed. .

Last edited:

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
6'4" and have put 13,000 miles on my 2019 in the last 6 months. I've found it to be extremely comfortable for me.

BigHen0213

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales/Management

Thanks.
Cliff
I'm 6'1 and have the XLT model. I too always worry about leg space; when I took mine for a test drive, I got in the back seat first and let Mrs. drive. Then I drove back, she rode shotgun and salesdude got in back. I've made adjustments to the seat for location and angle, but it's not uncomfortable at all. I've had a few 4+ hour drives in it (into the Keys, up to Jax, over to Tampa) and I'm never having to move or adjust my seat because of no space.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Too far back and its a reach for the steering wheel, but my right leg has more room.
Is this with the steering wheel moved all the way back as well?
Sponsored