Khorus

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sooooooooooooooooooo.......... Welcome to turbo lag...... This is the unfortunate truth for any vehicle with a turbo. My 280ZX does the same thing and it has a manual transmission so it takes a moment to get things going. Before I got the Livernois tune it still had some lag when preloading the torque converter(hold the gas and break at the same time) but wasn't bad. After I got the Livernois tune it did way better with reloading, as for normal takeoff it still has that delay.
Didn't feel like lag, best I can equate is slipping, I put 700 miles on it in the week I've had it and now all is normal.
Sponsored

Tim Vogt Sr.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport, 2021 Lariat FX4
Mine has around 8500 miles and has/had an issue shifting from a cold start. It is slowly improving. The truck would start out fine but stumble at the 3-4 shift, though not by the same amount every time. My plan is to wait a little longer and take it back to the dealer for reprogramming if needed.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Not sure if sitting on the lot for so many months with no miles or if indeed the trans has to learn and it took that long but everything is finally normal.
Yes, it's completely normal that the transmission needs several hundred miles before it shifts well.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
As others have mentioned, this happening when it's new (or after an extended power off situation likely), is normal. It's the "adaptive learning" that our transmissions go through to determine the best shifting points/etc based on specific hardware and driving patterns. You can find it on page 154 of your manual.

2020-06-01 18_08_08-2019-Ford-Ranger-Owners-Manual-version-3_om_EN-US_04_2019.pdf - Foxit Reader.png

OP
OP
Khorus

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I put 800 miles on it since 29th. It had gotten much better, changed the BOV yesterday and now it is perfect.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I put 800 miles on it since 29th. It had gotten much better, changed the BOV yesterday and now it is perfect.
Glad to hear your enjoying your DV+ :)

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
After nearly 2000 miles I realized 87 octane was not giving me smooth low-end performance. Up to 40 mph the engine wasn't consistent. I read other drivers blaming injectors so I bout a bottle of injector cleaner at 5000 Miles. Maybe that helped. Found a station that sold ethanol-free 87 but it was as expensive as 93 octane with 'up to' 10% ethanol. The ethanol-free gas actually ran pretty well. Ran some E15 88 octane and that seemed pretty good under boost, but the gas mileage plummeted. Topped off with some 94 octane (cha-ching) and that was pretty good. But I'm not going to knock myself out going that all the time. Sticking with mid-grade and just installed an 89 octane tune from Torrie/Unleashed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
After nearly 2000 miles I realized 87 octane was not giving me smooth low-end performance. Up to 40 mph the engine wasn't consistent. I read other drivers blaming injectors so I bout a bottle of injector cleaner at 5000 Mike's. Maybe that helped. Found a station that sold ethanol-free 87 but it was as expensive as 93 octane with 'up to' 10% ethanol. The ethanol-free gas actually ran pretty well. Ran some E15 88 octane and that seemed pretty good under boost, but the gas mileage plummeted. Topped off with some 94 octane (cha-ching) and that was pretty good. But I'm not going to knock myself out going that all the time. Sticking with mid-grade and just installed an 89 octane tune from Torrie/Unleashed.
If you can somehow by magic manange to keep you foot out of it(yes I know, very hard to do so) the truck will get better fuel mileage with premium fuel. I ran my truck on 87 at first for a while then read that for towing and better performance to use premium fuel(91 and above). I decided to do the switch to see what would happen. I was impressed, I got better overall response and I got better MPG(1-2 at best) and I decided it was worth the extra cost. Now I have a tune from Livernois and it have even more power and response with another gain of MPG(roughly 2 MPG gain). Different factors make a big difference and mind you I go up STEEP grades going to and from work here in tge Rockies. Just something to remember.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
If you can somehow by magic manange to keep you foot out of it(yes I know, very hard to do so) the truck will get better fuel mileage with premium fuel. I ran my truck on 87 at first for a while then read that for towing and better performance to use premium fuel(91 and above). I decided to do the switch to see what would happen. I was impressed, I got better overall response and I got better MPG(1-2 at best) and I decided it was worth the extra cost. Now I have a tune from Livernois and it have even more power and response with another gain of MPG(roughly 2 MPG gain). Different factors make a big difference and mind you I go up STEEP grades going to and from work here in tge Rockies. Just something to remember.
Totally expect better gas mileage with higher octane. I just have to justify the cost difference for the mpg since the truck makes good power by itself.
Sponsored