Tailgate step?

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I dunno, the tailgate dampener almost got me with the T50 bit you needed. Luckily Wife had a T45 that worked in her socket set. Home Depot trips count towards install time in my book. Still bought a T50 last time I was at Home Depot just in case.
One of the best pick-ups i've ever grabbed was a big bit kit. Snagged the Craftsman set for myself before finding the off-brand kit which is made by the same people. Kit is literally identical except for the color of the blow-molded case and packaging (which isn't worth the extra $10 to me)

off-brand bit kit

Craftsman branded bit kit
Sponsored

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Where are those available from? Do you have a link?

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
The instruction says 15 min installation. Took me and a friend 1 hr. i have crummy socket set and I’m 75.
a young guy like you probably can put it on in 15 min.
im not complaining, if it took 8 hrs to install I would still buy it.
Can you tell me what the height is from the step to the top of the bumper when the step is down all the way?. I am not far behind you in age (70) and because of arthritis have a hell of a time getting into the bed of the truck. Also, do you have a Bestop part number for this step? Thanks in advance.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
Looks good. Just ordered mine, once again this forum caused me to spend more money! :)
Bought it directly from Bestop, found a 10% off coupon code "JESSERIZOBESTOP" ended up being $276.65 with VA tax, free shipping.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello Ron:
I was looking at the step myself.
From Bestop:
https://www.bestop.com/products/trekstep-rear-mount-step---ford-2019-2020-ranger-driver-side/
$289.99 + Shipping?

From Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-TrekS...op+rear+step+for+ranger&qid=1590438776&sr=8-1
$283.39 and free shipping for Prime
Thanks, Kent. They are pretty proud of that step. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that much if it for sure would let me climb in and out of my truck easily. I guess I could order it from Amazon and just hold it in place to see how it would work. Then if I did not like it, I could send it back for free.

Deleted member 1634

Pvsaint

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2014 Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Fire Captain
Looks good. Just ordered mine, once again this forum caused me to spend more money! :)
Bought it directly from Bestop, found a 10% off coupon code "JESSERIZOBESTOP" ended up being $276.65 with VA tax, free shipping.
Thanks for the coupon code. Nice savings.

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
Can you tell me what the height is from the step to the top of the bumper when the step is down all the way?. I am not far behind you in age (70) and because of arthritis have a hell of a time getting into the bed of the truck. Also, do you have a Bestop part number for this step? Thanks in advance.
The height of the top of the bumper to the ground is 28 inches. the distaqnce when the trekstep is downs 14 to the top of the bumper and 14 to the ground. Sorry I don't have the part number.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The height of the top of the bumper to the ground is 28 inches. the distaqnce when the trekstep is downs 14 to the top of the bumper and 14 to the ground. Sorry I don't have the part number.
Thank you very much!

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
To those of you installing one of these steps...please report back after using them during the winter when they are full of snow, ice and mud.

Although I really would like a step, I'm reluctant to make the purchase because of winter issues. The OEM Ford step on the F150 in front of the rear wheel is a royal PITA in the winter and rarely work like they are suppose to., even when well oiled. These are in the direct path of debris kicked up by the rear tire.
Sponsored