Tailgate Screws

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I am planning to ditch the plastic drop in liner for Line-X. However, they use different screws for 8 of the 10 screws that hold the upper plate on the inside of the tailgate. Does anyone have the part number for the 5/8" T15 screw with the attached washer/head.

Thanks !

tempImageyT1Rb8.png
Sponsored

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
I know this is a real old thread and it is usually considered bad form (at least at other forums) to revive old threads. But it seems silly to start a new thread for this. And it was this thread that helped me get the part number.

When I bought my truck in 21 it had a drop in liner etc - dealership was wanting to charge for add onā€™s people donā€™t want. ( I didnā€™t pay for it - I told them to take out the liner or give to me for free - they gave it to me free).
it didnā€™t occur to me that I never got those screws back. This year I am contemplating getting a sprayed in liner and of course no original screws for the access panel.
So I go to the parts desk to ask them much these little suckers are - well at my dealership the list price is 3.77 A PIECE. A PIECE. 10 screws with tax - 43.23.šŸ˜µ (how do you get screwed over screws).

yes - I could get similar replacement at Home Depot for dirt cheap but it was the principle. I went and spoke with the sales manager who was pretty intent at not footing the bill for new screws. They managed to find me 10 screws in their spare parts bin from the other liners they installed.

Cautionary tail for any of you south of the 49th that may think genuine parts in Canada would be cheaper after exchange - at least not in the Fraser Valley in BC.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I know this is a real old thread and it is usually considered bad form (at least at other forums) to revive old threads. But it seems silly to start a new thread for this. And it was this thread that helped me get the part number.

When I bought my truck in 21 it had a drop in liner etc - dealership was wanting to charge for add onā€™s people donā€™t want. ( I didnā€™t pay for it - I told them to take out the liner or give to me for free - they gave it to me free).
it didnā€™t occur to me that I never got those screws back. This year I am contemplating getting a sprayed in liner and of course no original screws for the access panel.
So I go to the parts desk to ask them much these little suckers are - well at my dealership the list price is 3.77 A PIECE. A PIECE. 10 screws with tax - 43.23.šŸ˜µ (how do you get screwed over screws).

yes - I could get similar replacement at Home Depot for dirt cheap but it was the principle. I went and spoke with the sales manager who was pretty intent at not footing the bill for new screws. They managed to find me 10 screws in their spare parts bin from the other liners they installed.

Cautionary tail for any of you south of the 49th that may think genuine parts in Canada would be cheaper after exchange - at least not in the Fraser Valley in BC.
Go buy simple washers from the hardware store. 10 cents each!! Heck itā€™s cheaper to drill holes in a penny!! Dave @AzScorpion are you listening?

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go buy simple washers from the hardware store. 10 cents each!! Heck itā€™s cheaper to drill holes in a penny!! Dave @AzScorpion are you listening?
Andy. I agree but it was the principle of it. I considered it like a deleted item BUT I could get it backšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

okay. My win is not anywhere close to Jack and his Raptor win but I will take any
small winšŸ¤£

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
You all can laugh but a friend of mine was going line the bed inside sides with barrel wood on his old Chevy truck. He was going to use regular washers but decided to do the penny thing because it was cheaper. It turns out to be a great look!!! The washer price is what made him think about it. šŸ˜‚

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You all can laugh but a friend of mine was going line the bed inside sides with barrel wood on his old Chevy truck. He was going to use regular washers but decided to do the penny thing because it was cheaper. It turns out to be a great look!!! The washer price is what made him think about it. šŸ˜‚
the odd thing - I donā€™t even remember the last time I saw a penny. Canada ditched them quite a while ago. But it would be a cool on a old truck for sure.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
the odd thing - I donā€™t even remember the last time I saw a penny. Canada ditched them quite a while ago. But it would be a cool on a old truck for sure.
Iā€™ll get some pics to share for sure.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Iā€™ll get some pics to share for sure.
IMG_2307.jpeg
Ok hereā€™s the before picture. I need to get the after picture. BTW he cut that railroad track to make a rear bumper. He got hit/rear ended three days later after installation by a new VW. Destroyed the VW but barely scraped the bumper šŸ˜‚. True story..

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Use a nickel or a dime because the penny is a copper washed zinc slug.
Not very strong and will corrode away to nothing in short order.
Nickels are still available to our northern neighbors.
Sponsored