Tail light compatibility

Thxpgapro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt
Long time reader, first time poster.

I recently cracked the red lens of my tail light on my ranger. Thinking that would be a simple repair was a mistake as I’ve learned the entire assembly must be replaced and can cost $500-$1000. I’ve been searching online(eBay) and have found a bunch for the international models. My question is do those tail lights have the same specs and will they fit in my American version?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

I recently cracked the red lens of my tail light on my ranger. Thinking that would be a simple repair was a mistake as I’ve learned the entire assembly must be replaced and can cost $500-$1000. I’ve been searching online(eBay) and have found a bunch for the international models. My question is do those tail lights have the same specs and will they fit in my American version?
Two big questions. Do you have LED and Bliss?

OP
OP

Thxpgapro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt
Two big questions. Do you have LED and Bliss?
yes I have the blind spot detection and LED. But I am willing to give that up and buy a pair of cheaper ones so they’ll at least match

frmtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew 2wd (301a, Trailer Tow, Locker)

Tail lights are stupidly expensive. If it’s just cracked (no pieces missing) I’d get some clear epoxy resin to patch it until you find a replacement at a picknpull.

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have bought 13 different pairs of tail lights from overseas and all of them have sliding plastic clips instead of metal nubs and are much smaller tail lights than the US model. They don't even fit in place. I ended up ordering a new pair of stock XL tail lights from levittown Ford, maybe they can give you a better price

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Another option you could possibly explore is filing a comprehensive claim with your insurance. A $250-500 deductible would still be cheaper than a tail light.

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Another option you could possibly explore is filing a comprehensive claim with your insurance. A $250-500 deductible would still be cheaper than a tail light.
And it shouldn't make your rates go up. I qualified for the $100 deductible so I jumped on that
Sponsored