First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I just received an e-mail from Ford that I need to update Sync. Is this a new update, or am I just behind?
Anybody know what changes were made?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I just received an e-mail from Ford that I need to update Sync. Is this a new update, or am I just behind?
What is the current revision number you’re on? One just came out around Thanksgiving time. Just curious if that’s the one you’re upgrading to or a whole new one is out.

This last version seems somewhat buggy to me. Might explain some of the issues users are reporting with HVAC and radio sync.

OP
OP
Jason B

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have auto update on, and it said "up to date" as of Oct 6. It was on 3.4 ver. 11940.
I scanned for updates, and is downloading something, very slowly. I assume it will continue, but I'm not going to leave it on overnight and unattended, especially not knowing how long it will take. If it is necessary to leave the ignition ON, then I won't worry about further updates. You'd think since the truck has its own cell modem, it would to it thru AT&T.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I also got an email tonight, even though I did that Thanksgiving update. But I never was able to upload the confirmation file (same as many here).

Hmm, logged into my Ford account and it still thinks I have the previous version:
  • SYNC GenerationSYNC 3
  • SYNC Version3.4.21194
So I bet it's the same update and I see that @JesseS says it's Sync 3.4 ver 22200, so no action needed for anyone else that did that Thanksgiving update, it's just that Ford didn't get the confirmation file (which I'll try now).

Last one from October 27th (my post on it - https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/sync-3-4-21194-update.22165/post-491058).

1671579060865.png

BAH! Just tried to upload the confirmation file but no love from Ford:

1671579765532.png

OP
OP
Jason B

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I couldn't get the update thru WiFi as my home internet is so slow it would take over 2 hours to download the 2.4GB update. So, I did the USB method at work. 5-10 minutes to download and extract to USB, 20 minutes to update once plugged into truck. Note that Ford says the truck has to be running the entire time of the update. So I did it while driving home. I uploaded the XML file to Ford this morning to let them know I have the latest version.
I have no idea what was changed.

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
FYI: I dinnit wanna leave the ignition on or running, so I was pressing the radio On/Volume button on, which leaves the Sync powered for 20 mins or so and then powers off.

Did this about 3-4 times and the updated completed without the ignition on.

Good luck!

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I'm afraid to do it. My radio works great right now and I have no complaints about operation. I don't want to F that up or lose functionality because I'm sure I can't undo the update.

I'm actually afraid someday my dealer may update the Sync without my permission.

For me to want to do this, I would have to be enticed with some incredible features I really want, and then see a history of zero issues after a lot of people install it.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I got the email a few days ago. Does the accessory part of the ignition switch need to be activated for this download to occur? Thanks

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I couldn't get the update thru WiFi as my home internet is so slow it would take over 2 hours to download the 2.4GB update. So, I did the USB method at work. 5-10 minutes to download and extract to USB, 20 minutes to update once plugged into truck. Note that Ford says the truck has to be running the entire time of the update. So I did it while driving home. I uploaded the XML file to Ford this morning to let them know I have the latest version.
I have no idea what was changed.
can you share the file on here? or point me were to get it?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm afraid to do it. My radio works great right now and I have no complaints about operation. I don't want to F that up or lose functionality because I'm sure I can't undo the update.

I'm actually afraid someday my dealer may update the Sync without my permission.

For me to want to do this, I would have to be enticed with some incredible features I really want, and then see a history of zero issues after a lot of people install it.
Good point I have a general service in 2k miles and am going to make a point to tell them not to update sync. I never update.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
I got the email yesterday as well. Dis the download then looked at the files. They had the same name, date/time and size as the ones from late October... and the map files says it's as of 02/2021... so no new content... apparently. So why send the email??

Hate Fords update system.

OP
OP
Jason B

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
SYNC and Navigation Updates Page
The SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or Login with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation and SYNC software version will appear on the right-hand side of the page.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
SYNC and Navigation Updates Page
The SYNC and Navigation Updates page allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or Login with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation and SYNC software version will appear on the right-hand side of the page.

I wish Ford would fix their web page so that a person could upload the xml file so they knew the updates have been done. I've been trying to send the info to them for nearly a month now. I always get a error message.
Sponsored