First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retail Sales
Hey guys, I am using an Artist/Album folder structure for my usb drive, works great but I would like the albums listed by year. Tried putting the year on the album folder (1980 Album Name) that did not work. Only thing I found that worked was adding the year before the album title in the metadata. That is a long process with hundreds of albums. Using Flac files. Any other ideas?
Sponsored

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I am using an Artist/Album folder structure for my usb drive, works great but I would like the albums listed by year. Tried putting the year on the album folder (1980 Album Name) that did not work. Only thing I found that worked was adding the year before the album title in the metadata. That is a long process with hundreds of albums. Using Flac files. Any other ideas?
foobar2000 might help. I use it for my music meta data. I haven't tried to do what your asking.

Frank

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Have you tryed disabling gracenotes? I had to do this because SYNC kept messing up lesser known artists on my USB chip. Once I did that it used the metadata info in the files.

Also I know, at least for MP3s there are Windows programs that will globally edit metadata within and album. I have used one to insert album art when ripping CDs.

Right now I have about 175 artists on my chip, continually growing. With multiple albums on many, a lot of files.

OP
OP

sevekeve

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retail Sales
Thanks Bill, Not trying to rename all files at once. Just looking for a simple file structure that will list albums by year without having to change meta data for each album.

OP
OP

sevekeve

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retail Sales
Is there an easy way to disable gracenotes?

OP
OP

sevekeve

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retail Sales
Found the Gracenotes management setting in media player settings. That was simple. Still looking for some different folder structures.

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Been using Tag and Rename for 20+ years for changing metadata. If the year is anywhere in the id3 tag or file name it will move it anywhere you want.
www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
Will also rename files based on metadata, fix and complete file tags using freedb.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Free program to help with mp3s. TigoTago
Has a load of convenient features for organizing and re-organizing mp3 files, especially all the special metadata fields. The UI is a little quirky, but once you get the hang of it, you can fly.

Or there's always Python, if you are feeling adventurous...
Sponsored