First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Cactus Gray(Hoping) Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Glad I’m not the only one waiting on my ranger. Ordered 12/11/21. Never heard a word from dealer or ford until I came back from Florida. Talked to dealer when I came back and found out vin # and it was built 3/24/22. Have been told four different dates to be delivered. Today I called ford and she said May 19th now. Don’t have a warm feeling about that. Is it odd that Ford has not sent me a email for update ever?
Sponsored

Breezehome

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
Ford does not want to pay more for delivery due to inflation so their customers pay for it in delays.

lwalkplumb

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Cactus Gray(Hoping) Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Ford does not want to pay more for delivery due to inflation so their customers pay for it in delays.
Wouldn’t you think they would want the rest of their money. I wonder if maybe they are waiting for a chip or something.

Rick V.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Scab,63 Fairlane, 22 Scab XLT FX4 302a
Occupation
Fleet bodyman
More than 6 weeks waiting for a spot on a convoy (trailer.) Missed the third delivery window. Called ford customer service and complained for the third time, as I promised I would. I also promised this would be the last Ford I would own.
If I had to take an educated guess Ford is not the only manufacturer that has issues getting vehicles built and delivered. I don’t mean to be rude but if that is all it takes to not buy another Ford you might want to try another manufacture. I can wait because I want the most bang for my buck and the best mid sized truck on the market. If you walk away I bet my bottom dollar the truck you ordered won’t last a day on the lot before it is sold.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Well dealer says it should be mid week to late next week. Guess we'll see.
Next Thurs would be good with me. Just in time for the long Memorial Day weekend.
Wouldn't cry if it showed up this though. Would try to see if I could get the windows tinted before the holiday.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
If I had to take an educated guess Ford is not the only manufacturer that has issues getting vehicles built and delivered. I don’t mean to be rude but if that is all it takes to not buy another Ford you might want to try another manufacture. I can wait because I want the most bang for my buck and the best mid sized truck on the market. If you walk away I bet my bottom dollar the truck you ordered won’t last a day on the lot before it is sold.
I just saw over on the wrangler 4xe forums there are a lot of delayed/missed delivery dates after release of vehicles for shipping.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t know if this means anything but order track showed my truck “picked” for the last 10 days and this morning it changed to “paired”. Not sure if that means 10 more days till dispatched or not. Guess I’ll see.

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Don’t know if this means anything but order track showed my truck “picked” for the last 10 days and this morning it changed to “paired”. Not sure if that means 10 more days till dispatched or not. Guess I’ll see.
With the way things were going, probably 10 days minimum.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With the way things were going, probably 10 days minimum.
stop to get my oil changed and my new truck is setting in the parking lot of the dealership. ?

2CA9A0E3-17B3-4F2C-96DB-EAACDFA04A6D.jpeg

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened with the one I ordered. Zero tracking info on Order Track but it showed up at the dealer today.
that is awesome!!! Congratulations!!

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Ok I'm a new guy here (well, I actually just posted on the "new guy" welcome thread).
I ordered my Ranger on April 23rd and the dealer said to expect 3-6 months waiting period. I ordered an XL STX FX2 in velocity blue so it's probably somewhat of a unicorn. Does anyone here think that my configuration could take longer or does that not affect things too much??
I did receive my order confirmation email from Ford within a couple days of ordering but I've heard nothing since then.
Anyways, hello everyone. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. And boy I can hardly wait...

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
Ok I'm a new guy here (well, I actually just posted on the "new guy" welcome thread).
I ordered my Ranger on April 23rd and the dealer said to expect 3-6 months waiting period. I ordered an XL STX FX2 in velocity blue so it's probably somewhat of a unicorn. Does anyone here think that my configuration could take longer or does that not affect things too much??
I did receive my order confirmation email from Ford within a couple days of ordering but I've heard nothing since then.
Anyways, hello everyone. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. And boy I can hardly wait...
Be prepared for a wait, I ordered September 3, reordered a 22 in October and here it is mid May and I still don’t have my SuperCab FX4

Last edited:

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
A Carbonized Gray Tremor Lariat randomly showed up and my dealer called me, instantly jumped on it. 2 months later blend/build date than the truck I originally ordered (which is still stuck in shipping) but arrived earlier.

I was worried about the build quality of the "stuck in build/ship" truck, glad I went with this new one instead. After hearing all the reports of vibration/brake issues, this truck is rock solid. No vibration and strong brakes (much stronger than the Tremor I test drove a few months ago, maybe factory has finally fixed their issues?). Incredibly impressed so far.

wllmbr

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ford Escape
Heard from my salesman on Friday. As of Wednesday of last week, the train destined for Colorado was in St. Louis. ETA to drop the truck off in CO (I think he said Aurora) is still destined for the end of the month. Way things are going, late May - Early June I will be signing papers
Here's hoping both our Rangers are on that rail car. My dealer had told me they have a handful of Rangers coming in at the end of the month.

After Ford's tracker kicked back to in production, it flipped to Shipped status again last wednesday with Build Date actually filled in. I had written it off as someone incorrectly marking status but maybe not. Should call my dealer tomorrow....
Sponsored