First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Tech Support Manager
Yes I will. I haven't had time to take any yet.
Sponsored

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Nothing like a dealer that doesn't know his product. The 2023 is not the new design / new model.

Make sure you are price protected.

The truck is worth the wait. I ordered the end of February and took delivery 8 days ago.
It is inexcusable that a dealer doesn’t know the 2023 is still a 5g here in the US and Canada. I would be sure to never go there for service once I take delivery. This is also a dealer that will probably pony up the $900k or more to sell the EV Fords…

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I will. I haven't had time to take any yet.
Insert comment about how that's no excuse.... ;)
It is inexcusable that a dealer doesn’t know the 2023 is still a 5g here in the US and Canada. I would be sure to never go there for service once I take delivery. This is also a dealer that will probably pony up the $900k or more to sell the EV Fords…
Unless.... Stay with me here...

They knew it was the old styke but weren't going to order it until later in the year when they knew it would get pushed to next year....

Ok, you're probably right the dealer/salesman are sleazy.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Worth the wait - new truck and new horse trailer both home this morning.

The whole buying experience from Granger was great (minus the wait, not Granger's control or fault).

Paperwork electronically signed last Thursday morning; late Thursday non stop flight to Des Moines [$130 total for two tickets from San Diego]. Hilton points room, Lyft first thing in the morning rather than take Granger free pickup late morning. On the road with the truck withing 30 minutes after quick walk thru. Drive 600 miles to Shawnee Oklahoma with a side shopping diversion for my wife to a Polish Pottery store along the way.

Overnight (paid room) to rest up for the push home after 9 am horse trailer pickup. Drove the remainder 1390 miles home in 26 hours (switching drivers) and many fuel, food, and health break stops.

Gas was in the 3's in going all the way until New Mexico. Low 4's in NM and AZ. The the $6.05 pain in CA.

Got 28.2 mpg for 600 miles to trailer pickup keeping speed 65 and under. With trailer (2600 lbs) got 14.6 mpg for the 1390 miles keeping speed generally 60 to 63. First 500 or more miles were with trailer mode which cost MPG (probably 13.4 during that stretch). Then decided the truck was perfectly fine with it off -- it wasn't hunting for gears or having any performance issues that I detected. Also, wrongly or not, I used the 86/87 octane (varied by states) vs premium which many towing forum posts recommend. I ran the whole trip on Trip 1 with 17.2 MPG (and noting MPG before trailer pickup) and the Trip 2 for the travel with the horse trailer.

The Granger deal was fantastic. Ordered 2/28, so got the price protected MSRP/invoice and destination fee (saved about $700). Then the Granger 3% under invoice less $2250 in Ford offers I qualified for. And a 0.9% for 36 months that was there at order time (I was prepared to pay cash, truck is a self retirement present / splurge, but taking the 0.9 and put the cash in 4% three year CD).

And the HID halogens were fine for the nighttime driving (not saying the LED delete wasn't disappointing), thus the $500 savings. Bottom line Lariat 500A plus towing package for $30312 plus $180 doc, $45 temp tag, and then tax and license/registration back in CA. Totally makes the three day fly / drive back worth it. And since I sold my 2001 Explorer Sport Track for $6000, to me I did the new truck upgrade for just over 24K plus tax/license/registration. And got an excellent deal on the horse trailer in OK (hard to find those too, lot's of supply issues there too.

So, a few pictures - note this is after 2000 mile drive with several hours of rain. Pictures are truck and trailer at our barn.

IMG_5942.jpeg
IMG_5943.jpeg
IMG_5945.jpeg
HID halogens?

Chris98SP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Veteran/Student
Took delivery of my ‘22 Lariat Tremor this week after 8 months. Got the CAW lights and Red tow hooks on!

2038759E-EA94-4060-BE23-A78D8A8E7400.jpeg

86DCE828-6F83-42B8-A866-3ECC5CA3DF99.jpeg

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Congrats! Good looking ride!

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, my August build came with the HID halogen lights instead of the LED lights due to the supply chain issues.
HID and halogen are two different things. It's just a Halogen.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Nothing like a dealer that doesn't know his product. The 2023 is not the new design / new model.

Make sure you are price protected.

The truck is worth the wait. I ordered the end of February and took delivery 8 days ago.
i signed the paper for a MY23 this morning and the price went up by 2k$... not too bad but I got winter tires on rims with tpms... another 4 to 6 months wait I guess

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
i signed the paper for a MY23 this morning and the price went up by 2k$... not too bad but I got winter tires on rims with tpms... another 4 to 6 months wait I guess
Welcome to the new wait... LOL

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yeah, there's also a MY23 Support Group thread.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Anybody here still waiting for their 2022?