Support group for those waiting for their MY23 Ranger

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'm glad the whole process is clear as mud.
Sponsored

redneck wrencher

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Super Crew FX4
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Shop Foreman
I ordered on August 6th and received confirmation the same day. I received the production schedule and VIN on September 22nd for the week of November 14th, but nothing else.

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
I ordered on August 6th and received confirmation the same day. I received the production schedule and VIN on September 22nd for the week of November 14th, but nothing else.
Mine was scheduled for this time and I got an email saying it was delayed to the next week.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Then you're still good for the week of the 11/14. If they are going to push your week, those notifications seem to go out after 8 pm on Tuesdays. So, keep your fingers crossed.

Marman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor On-Order
Heard back from dealership. They said COVP is not required for Rangers. Said the order was confirmed and would be scheduled next time Ford does it which he said was only once a month. So assuming I just missed the Oct schedule date, then I guess it will get scheduled in early Nov (next week hopefully).
I ordered mine on 6 Oct and only have heard what you have. My dealer also states a COVP is not required for the Ranger.

OP
OP
Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I ordered mine on 6 Oct and only have heard what you have. My dealer also states a COVP is not required for the Ranger.
Not trying to split hairs, but perhaps while not required is it possible that having one speeds up the process? And does having a COVP play into the entire equation of customer versus stock orders? Or does a COVP mean that you can be scheduled any day vs Thursday/Friday only (I think there is some info on this on one of the blueoval forums).

I am not saying they are, but perhaps dealers are just a little too lazy, and perhaps there is some additional accountability to Ford if a COVP is actually executed. Just an opinion.

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Just adding my 2¢,

It’s my understanding the COVP was put in place to counter the dealerships that were placing customer orders for stock on high demand, low allocation units like the bronco and raptor. Retail orders have priority codes of 10-19, and have priority over stock orders with codes of 20-80.

My salesman is a long time personal friend. I’m confident if it were necessary we would have completed it. I had a build date email about 9 calendar days after order confirmation email, no COVP.

BluBusa66

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Wholesale Parts Brondes Ford Toledo
It hasn't happened, but if a dealer says my truck is in, how long do we have to go pick it up? Do we have a certain amount of days to say I still want it before they can just put it up for sale?
The rumor mill says that Ford gives the Dealership 15 days to deliver the vehicle or get fined from Ford and lose future allocations

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not trying to split hairs, but perhaps while not required is it possible that having one speeds up the process? And does having a COVP play into the entire equation of customer versus stock orders? Or does a COVP mean that you can be scheduled any day vs Thursday/Friday only (I think there is some info on this on one of the blueoval forums).

I am not saying they are, but perhaps dealers are just a little too lazy, and perhaps there is some additional accountability to Ford if a COVP is actually executed. Just an opinion.
It is strange.
My dealer did COVP. I posted a pic of it above. Ford Approved it and the dealer sent me a copy. That order has moved along to getting a build week early on. The other order I got the email confirmation for, but never did COVP. That order has gone nowhere.
These dealers that say COVP isn't required may be correct, but it doesn't jive with how my two orders have went. And, I don't know, aren't many dealers liars?
Is there a way to get this resolved from Ford themselves?
Hey, perhaps try this?
If a dealer says COVP isn't required for the Ranger, ask them to send you a copy of the document where Ford told dealerships that.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just adding my 2¢,

It’s my understanding the COVP was put in place to counter the dealerships that were placing customer orders for stock on high demand, low allocation units like the bronco and raptor. Retail orders have priority codes of 10-19, and have priority over stock orders with codes of 20-80.

My salesman is a long time personal friend. I’m confident if it were necessary we would have completed it. I had a build date email about 9 calendar days after order confirmation email, no COVP.
Did he ask you for a copy of your driver's license when you placed your order?

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Here's the thing...
Maybe COVP doesn't matter for the ranger anymore. Definitely not trying to argue the topic, but people's build weeks sure don't seem to be in the order in the order they were placed. But that could be because of what build we have. XL vs XLT, parts availability, and so on.
Myself, I'm going to drop this topic. The topic starts up when someone wonders why their build week is long behind another's. I won't attempt to give anyone a reason anymore.
Someone posted earlier in this thread of how easy it could be for Ford to make this a better experience.

redneck wrencher

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Super Crew FX4
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Shop Foreman
Here's the thing...
Maybe COVP doesn't matter for the ranger anymore. Definitely not trying to argue the topic, but people's build weeks sure don't seem to be in the order in the order they were placed. But that could be because of what build we have. XL vs XLT, parts availability, and so on.
Myself, I'm going to drop this topic. The topic starts up when someone wonders why their build week is long behind another's. I won't attempt to give anyone a reason anymore.
Someone posted earlier in this thread of how easy it could be for Ford to make this a better experience.
I agree. There could be one or more reasons why builds are scheduled in their order. I believe the biggest one is the particular build requests and availabilities of the parts needed for completion. But, that's just my opinion and we all know about opinions. ?

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Did he ask you for a copy of your driver's license when you placed your order?
Yes, and a have a copy of the build order with my license on it, along with receipt of the order deposit. All emails have come to my email, with my name, including the scheduled build date and VIN.

Ford doesn’t have dealers trying to stock their lots with fake customer ordered Rangers like they do the Bronco.
Sponsored