Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
is it still spot on when the build date is supposed to be after the ETA to dealer they give you? Lol ?
I was just referring to mine, but I think we all know that will be a problem. Unless you orderd the self-assembly version of the Ranger ;)
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I was just referring to mine, but I think we all know that will be a problem. Unless you orderd the self-assembly version of the Ranger ;)
My hoa complains when I change my oil and rotate my tires... I can't imagine how they would react to a build your own truck parts kit being dropped off... LOL

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Well bummer

Elizabeth at 19:58, Oct 24:
The vehicle is currently Scheduled to Day (2022-11-16) for it's build. You can also always check the status of your vehicle by the VIN and order number online at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thanks for the update Elizabeth. We really appreciate being given an unrealistic date first thing and then the constant pushing back each week. It's great Ford knew early on that most people prefer getting a minimum of 4 rescheduled dates for anything and everything in their lives rather than be given a date further out in the first place.
Thanks again.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Well bummer

Elizabeth at 19:58, Oct 24:
The vehicle is currently Scheduled to Day (2022-11-16) for it's build. You can also always check the status of your vehicle by the VIN and order number online at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking.
Look at the bright side....they will have worked out the kinks in the AGM spray booth before they get to yours ;) (and mine I hope).

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update Elizabeth. We really appreciate being given an unrealistic date first thing and then the constant pushing back each week. It's great Ford knew early on that most people prefer getting a minimum of 4 rescheduled dates for anything and everything in their lives rather than be given a date further out in the first place.
Thanks again.
And the same goes for you, Emily (my bearer of bad news)!

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I asked Ms Elizabeth if there were any constraints I should be aware of, she said call my dealer....

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I asked Ms Elizabeth if there were any constraints I should be aware of, she said call my dealer....
Elizabeth must do stand up comedy as a side gig.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Elizabeth must do stand up comedy as a side gig.
I didn't even bother to inform her I haven't heard back from the dealer since my order was confirmed and my deposit check was cashed...

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I didn't even bother to inform her I haven't heard back from the dealer since my order was confirmed and my deposit check was cashed...
Yeah, she and everyone else at Ford have this delusional impression that dealerships actually have a useful purpose in the sales process. When I ordered mine, I had to stand at a counter in the showroom while the sales manager sat a computer while I told him what I wanted. He added zero value to the process and, like you, I haven't heard from them since.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, she and everyone else at Ford have this delusional impression that dealerships actually have a useful purpose in the sales process. When I ordered mine, I had to stand at a counter in the showroom while the sales manager sat a computer while I told him what I wanted. He added zero value to the process and, like you, I haven't heard from them since.
I literally chose my dealer because they accept xplan.

I emailed them, I told them exactly what I wanted, I told the sales guy the order bank was open.

LOL

I can't wait until we can buy direct from the manufacturer for all vehicles.

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
And the thing is, minimal effort would actually make this an enjoyable process. Just give us more transparency.

At least: A website that has the same order status info that a call/chat with customer service will get us.

Even better:
- weekly build numbers
- estimates based on recent build/ship times
- a list of current production issues.
- an actual, real world example of azure gray metalic
Sponsored