First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I have had this happen two times now and its become a bit of a nuisance. For this to happen I have to have my phone attached through USB using car play, then using the Waze app while also listening to SiriusXM and then receive a phone call. But once I hang up the phone call, the volume adjust knob gets stuck to "Prompt volume" when i go to turn the music up. I click home, go back into audio tab and no matter what it stays wanting to control "Prompt Volume". SO i will be driving down the road with no way to adjust the stereo volume. The only way i have found to fix this is to disconnect the USB cord and reconnect to the phone and it appears to reset itself.

Anyone had anything similar happen? Perhaps I am self creating the environment for this to happen by my lack of knowledge of all buttons?
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
I have had this happen two times now and its become a bit of a nuisance. For this to happen I have to have my phone attached through USB using car play, then using the Waze app while also listening to SiriusXM and then receive a phone call. But once I hang up the phone call, the volume adjust knob gets stuck to "Prompt volume" when i go to turn the music up. I click home, go back into audio tab and no matter what it stays wanting to control "Prompt Volume". SO i will be driving down the road with no way to adjust the stereo volume. The only way i have found to fix this is to disconnect the USB cord and reconnect to the phone and it appears to reset itself.

Anyone had anything similar happen? Perhaps I am self creating the environment for this to happen by my lack of knowledge of all buttons?
Yep, Ive had this happen a few times. Havent found a specific set of circumstances that trigger it though. Hopefully 3.4 fixes it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the volume suddenly go up momentarily when I hit Waze...

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I've had the radio volume drop during navigation prompts and once the nav is done, the radio volume does not return to previous setting.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
This just started happening to me yesterday. Sometimes I am able to unplug the iPhone and plug it back in and I will regain control of the audio volume. On my drive home from work yesterday, no matter how many times I unplugged my iPhone it was always stuck on “Prompt Volume”. I even rebooted my iPhone twice and could not fix it.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
This just started happening to me yesterday. Sometimes I am able to unplug the iPhone and plug it back in and I will regain control of the audio volume. On my drive home from work yesterday, no matter how many times I unplugged my iPhone it was always stuck on “Prompt Volume”. I even rebooted my iPhone twice and could not fix it.
Yesterday this went crazy for me as well doing exactly what youre describing. I had to unplug the phone, turn on the radio and adjust the volume, then plug the phone back in.

Its getting aggravating.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ok, weird coincidences? This happened to me for the first time yesterday... but I did not have a phone call or Waze involved. I got in the truck, plugged in my phone and started driving down the street. The podcast that started autoplaying from my iPhone was too quiet, so I tried to turn it up. Took me a few moments to realize that it was adjusting "Prompt Volume". I pulled over and tried poking around in the sync system settings, but could not find any way to get it to let me adjust system volume again. I unplugged/replugged the phone, and it went back to normal. Today it appears to be fine as well. Odd.

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
I wonder if this is connected to my FordPass app no longer communicating with the truck. It says no connectivity, but the directions they give to fix it don't jive with the prompts on my system.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I wonder if this is connected to my FordPass app no longer communicating with the truck. It says no connectivity, but the directions they give to fix it don't jive with the prompts on my system.

The volume getting stuck on "prompt volume" should have no connection to Ford Pass.

It appears the system is struggling to determine what audio is coming through the USB input and receiving notifications and such only complicate things further. This is going to be an issue until we get a software update.

I keep leaning more and more towards installing 3.4 and be done waiting for its arrival.

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
After installing 3.4 back in February i haven't noticed this since . Not saying its a cure, because i also haven't been driving much.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Mine has Sync 3.4 and have not had this issue at all with either an Android or iPhone.

db_atlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Just purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger today - getting this prompt volume issue when using Apple CarPlay. I have master reset Sync 3 and it is up to date with 3.3. Any other tips to get audio volume working while using CarPlay?

UPDATE: I found on the F150 forum that Waze is the culprit of this "prompt volume" being stuck. I uninstalled Waze and volume works as expected. Give that a try!

Last edited:
OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Just purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger today - getting this prompt volume issue when using Apple CarPlay. I have master reset Sync 3 and it is up to date with 3.3. Any other tips to get audio volume working while using CarPlay?

UPDATE: I found on the F150 forum that Waze is the culprit of this "prompt volume" being stuck. I uninstalled Waze and volume works as expected. Give that a try!
Waze is so essential for me, most of the time it alert all the upcoming highway patrol. Did the post on the F150 forum mention anything about 3.4 vs 3.3? Just curious

db_atlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads