First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
so tonight i pull the truck in the garage and all is normal. i get out lock the door with the button. got the horn honk and light flash. the stereo was off. i turned it off while backing in. i walk about 4 feet away and the stereo comes on and the touch screen comes on... truck still off. key in my pocket. ford app closed. doors all closed, windows up. whats that about? i think to myself great another ford glitch out of pocket has arrived. i go in the house put my stuff away and figure the screen and stereo will auto shut off after a few minutes. i go out to the garage later and its still going. :crazy: so i open the truck turn the radio off and lock it up. stayed off this time. any one have this happen?
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I am thinking that the pressing of the button, did it.
If you are in the truck and shut it off, the Sync will power for 10 Minutes and shut down or shut down when the driver's door is opened.

If you press the Power Button, with truck off the Sync will power for 60 Minutes.

I think it glitched and when you opened and closed the door, instead of powering off, it retained that button press and kept it powered on, it should have powered off automatically after 60 minutes.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
My SYNC stays on until the BCM shuts it down, or whatever module it is, it does this half of the time.

But my SYNC is crap, on it's 4th AIPM I have to reboot it almost every drive.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I am thinking that the pressing of the button, did it.
If you are in the truck and shut it off, the Sync will power for 10 Minutes and shut down or shut down when the driver's door is opened.

If you press the Power Button, with truck off the Sync will power for 60 Minutes.

I think it glitched and when you opened and closed the door, instead of powering off, it retained that button press and kept it powered on, it should have powered off automatically after 60 minutes.
I've never had it happen before. Normally as soon as doors open it's off. I try without pushing the power button later and see what happens . Maybe the truck heard me talking about selling it while I can before the transmission goes or the blend door lol

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Yep I lock the truck in the garage. My neighborhood is old with mostly old folks except a few high school pothead kids. So no one would notice or report my garage being broken into except me when I got home.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
not getting political, so no one get the undies knotted up...im not advising how to vote or trashing any political figures. just giving insight in why locking things up that are already locked up ( like locked truck in locked garage)is pretty normal now for many of us. Texas (and some other southern states) has a constant influx of criminals coming in 24/7. crime is going up all over the state. The media and online platforms are happy to over look the crime increase. folks are starting to lock up everything they dont want missing in border states. im not a hater. 70% of the folks are just average illegals looking to get to the states and get the benefits and advantages that can lead to a better life. if i was in the situation they are i would likely try to do the same. however, the 30% left are cold hard criminals with connections to cartels, sex slavers, traffickers, and terrorist groups. - im not trying to be political or get my self banned. just explaining so folks dont think im crazy or ocd about locking stuff up lol. guy that lives down the street from had his car stolen about a month ago. no trace of it found. guy three houses up from me had his garage emptied while he was at the grocery store. his door bell cam caught a glimpse of the creeps that did it. sure enough stolen truck they used and all 3 guys had records in mexico.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
meanwhile back at the ranch. stereo has not done that on with truck off and locked again thing all weekend.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I absolutely keep the truck locked in the garage. I also keep the keys under my pillow and if I hear any unusual noises my horn button will be pressed as a warning. My city is a high crime area and if you give criminals any concessions they will use them to your disadvantage. They comment crimes here which are beyond brazen and unthinkable.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Did the stereo thing last night . I took a video lol. Will upload later.
Sponsored