First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Anybody have any idea how to stop the Bluetooth auto play feature? I have my Bluetooth connected for phone calls and maps but hate how music always starts whenever I get in and out of the car or hang up a phone call. I have to manually go into my phone and find whatever music is on and pus it there. Anybody have any recommendations? I use an iPhone and do not have the Sync feature on my 2019 Ranger, just the standard 4” screen.
Thanks!!
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Anybody have any idea how to stop the Bluetooth auto play feature? I have my Bluetooth connected for phone calls and maps but hate how music always starts whenever I get in and out of the car or hang up a phone call. I have to manually go into my phone and find whatever music is on and pus it there. Anybody have any recommendations? I use an iPhone and do not have the Sync feature on my 2019 Ranger, just the standard 4” screen.
Thanks!!
Just a guess, I don't do Apple. But is there a setting on your phone that starts playing on Bluetooth connect? Some music players do that when you plug in headphones or connect to Bluetooth earbuds. Don't think it's the truck.

Deleted member 1634

Just a guess, I don't do Apple. But is there a setting on your phone that starts playing on Bluetooth connect? Some music players do that when you plug in headphones or connect to Bluetooth earbuds. Don't think it's the truck.
^This. It's most likely your phone deciding to play music, not the truck pinging the phone to play music. Probably in the specific app which is playing the music.

I usually have the opposite problem with my phone actually, where it won't start playing music when I turn on the truck. I always listen to the music/podcasts on my phone (never AM/FM/XM) so it's annoying that I have to open the app, wait for it to load, then push play, and then wait for it to internally buffer and play. And that's not even including the times when it will randomly just freeze and/or disconnect Bluetooth and try to reconnect for the next 5 minutes, jamming the whole system. Did I mention I have a frustrating phone. haha

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!
I have the sync b&o radio. No issues. I have android. If you look on the ranger blue tooth connection (on android) I have 4 options to allow, media, phone calls, texts and Contacts. If your iPhone has those same 4 options see if you can unselect media?

My android auto app starts up if I am plugged into the USB and a cord connected to the phone. I have a tiny thumb drive plugged into the other USB with tons of music. Only music on my phone is what I listen to at the gym. If I want to listen to those songs or YouTube etc I have to select my Note9 via sources.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I have to agree with everyone else here. It looks like the problem has to do with your phone. Chances are there should be a setting of sorts in the phone to fix your problem. Like everyone else I use an Android and I do not have this problem whatsoever. If that doesn't solve it get rid of the iPhone and go to an Android. That is the best advice I can give you all together.

Deleted member 1634

If that doesn't solve it get rid of the iPhone and go to an Android. That is the best advice I can give you all together.
Oh boy, now you've done it. We were all thinking it, and do everytime someone with an iPhone is around, but never actually come out and say it. haha Kudos to you for being so brave to confront the Apple maniacs head on. haha

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh boy, now you've done it. We were all thinking it, and do everytime someone with an iPhone is around, but never actually come out and say it. haha Kudos to you for being so brave to confront the Apple maniacs head on. haha
All I'm doing is being honest. I always love it when someone comes up to me and says I have a problem with my vehicle and I use an apple LOL. After that I start having fun

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@charwest
Do you ever play music over the bluetooth? Or only use it for calls and whatnot?

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
yeah. i’m not an apple flag waver, but there’s a lot of intertia and it’s hard to start over with a new phone.

i have combed the settings and don’t see any way on my phone to turn this off. really annoying but i guess i made my bed so ill sleep in it.

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
@charwest
Do you ever play music over the bluetooth? Or only use it for calls and whatnot?
we play music and make calls over BT. works well, except if nothing is playing the phone decides to launch the stored songs on the phone after various events, even if it wasn’t playing previously. including ending a call, turning the car on, etc

i may try deleting all the songs off my phone just so there isn’t anything to play. i usually use internet streaming to listen to music anyways.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
we play music and make calls over BT. works well, except if nothing is playing the phone decides to launch the stored songs on the phone after various events, even if it wasn’t playing previously. including ending a call, turning the car on, etc

i may try deleting all the songs off my phone just so there isn’t anything to play. i usually use internet streaming to listen to music anyways.
Have you tried a factory reset on the phone?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So I have to agree with everyone else here. It looks like the problem has to do with your phone. Chances are there should be a setting of sorts in the phone to fix your problem. Like everyone else I use an Android and I do not have this problem whatsoever. If that doesn't solve it get rid of the iPhone and go to an Android. That is the best advice I can give you all together.
I use android, autoplay happens randomly. The most annoying is when I was using android auto the last time I was in the car, then next time I get in the radio is off (because android auto isn't available) and the phone starts autoplaying my podcast into the truck anyway so when I finally notice it's doing that I have to rewind. The phone doesn't autoplay with any other bluetooth audio connection, so I assume it's just more bugs in sync. Again, doesn't happen every time or even most times, just often enough to be annoying.

Somewhat related: why the hell doesn't sync just go back to the last selected source when android auto was connected but isn't now? I don't want it to turn the radio off and reset to FM radio, I want it to go back to bluetooth like it was before I plugged in android auto.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I use android, autoplay happens randomly. The most annoying is when I was using android auto the last time I was in the car, then next time I get in the radio is off (because android auto isn't available) and the phone starts autoplaying my podcast into the truck anyway so when I finally notice it's doing that I have to rewind. The phone doesn't autoplay with any other bluetooth audio connection, so I assume it's just more bugs in sync. Again, doesn't happen every time or even most times, just often enough to be annoying.

Somewhat related: why the hell doesn't sync just go back to the last selected source when android auto was connected but isn't now? I don't want it to turn the radio off and reset to FM radio, I want it to go back to bluetooth like it was before I plugged in android auto.
I don't know about you but I have noticed that Android auto doesn't work when you do not plug it in to the USB hub. I stopped using Android auto regularly because I ended up burning out the USB hub on my truck already. Of course I get it replaced under warranty. But after that I don't using Android auto unless I really need to.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I don't know about you but I have noticed that Android auto doesn't work when you do not plug it in to the USB hub. I stopped using Android auto regularly because I ended up burning out the USB hub on my truck already. Of course I get it replaced under warranty. But after that I don't using Android auto unless I really need to.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Of course android auto only works when you plug the phone in, wireless android auto isn't available. I seriously doubt that "burning out" the usb is a thing or we'd be hearing more about it, you probably just got a bad part.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Mine will remember the last source. At least when it pertains to the thumb drive
Sponsored