Spot cleaning ceiling of 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

shirts_184

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Another newbie to the forum here. I've got a couple small spot stains on the ceiling of my 2019 Ranger Lariat. Wondering if anybody has any tips/tricks to effectively clean them without damaging or further staining the ceiling. When I say small, they're roughly the size of a pencil eraser. One might be the size of a dime. Sadly, I'm unsure what they're from as they were there when I purchased my truck. Any help would be great, but it's a small inconvenience in the big scheme of things.
Sponsored

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Have you asked the dealer about them?

For cleaning interior cloth like the headliner, a good all purpose cleaner (APC) diluted should do the trick, with a nice, soft bristle brush. I use Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner at about a 20:1 or higher 10:1 strength with very good success on my vehicles. I gently scrub with a "Wave" boar hair bristle brush and blot dry.

OP
OP
shirts_184

shirts_184

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Have you asked the dealer about them?

For cleaning interior cloth like the headliner, a good all purpose cleaner (APC) diluted should do the trick, with a nice, soft bristle brush. I use Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner at about a 20:1 or higher 10:1 strength with very good success on my vehicles. I gently scrub with a "Wave" boar hair bristle brush and blot dry.
Thanks! I'll try the chemical guys APC. How do you measure the dilution?

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
Anyone have any recommended products to detail/clean/protect the black plastic door handles on XLT models? I'm assuming the same product can be used for the plastic on the sideview mirrors. If not, rec's on something for that would be much appreciated too. Thanks!

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I just dilute with some distilled water. 9 parts water to 1 part APC would get you the 10:1 ratio, so 14.4 oz water and 1.6 oz of APC

I have not yet found anything that doesn't run down my doors after a rain for door handles. Possibly Blak (kinda like mild plastic dye) that I use on my mud guards and my wife's CRV trim. But her trim is below the paint so running is not an issue

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any recommended products to detail/clean/protect the black plastic door handles on XLT models? I'm assuming the same product can be used for the plastic on the sideview mirrors. If not, rec's on something for that would be much appreciated too. Thanks!
[/QUOTE
I use Chemical Guys products for all my vehicle detailing needs. You may want to try their VRP or Silk Shine. These 2 products are safe for all plastic, rubber, and vinyl areas of your truck.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Foaming carpet cleaner called Tuff Stuff. Put on a moist clean white [dye free] rag or old T-shirt and work with circular motion then rinse rag and go over with clean water. works like a champ!

I also use my hoover wet-vac carpet cleaner to do the whole liner, carpet and seats with the hand tool for large area cleaning as needed.

and NO I dont work for Tuff Stuff or own stock, been using it for nearly 20 years now.
1596136228887.png

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
This is the best stuff I've used for black trim. Yes it is expensive. Yes it lasts and maintains well. Also just a little bit goes a long way on a cotton pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Gtechniq-C4-Permanent-Trim-Restorer/dp/B008L180ZM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=262FYRVP5GIDA&dchild=1&keywords=gtechniq+c4+permanent+trim+restorer&qid=1596136630&sprefix=gtechniq+perman,aps,156&sr=8-2
Thanks for the heads-up on this! Looks to do a great job bringing back the weathered trim. But it seems to be more of a restorer than a protective/preventative product, no? I'm looking for something that keeps the black trim/handles from fading in the sun in the first place.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
A steam cleaner using nothing but distilled water should be able to clean out any light scuffing/soiling on a headliner.
Sponsored