First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Is there any harm running in sport mode all the the time (Not on the Highway).I can’t deal with the 10 speed tranny always 2 gears ahead.When applying the gas it feels and sounds horrible until it kicks back down a few gears.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
In all honesty they should have offered paddle shifters in XLT thru Lariat. Manually shifting is a pain all by itself. I found leaving it in drive and locking out the gears I don’t want it shifting to seems to lessen the workload of being in the right gear for the driving circumstances

OP
OP
PocketRocket

PocketRocket

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Construction
In all honesty they should have offered paddle shifters in XLT thru Lariat. Manually shifting is a pain all by itself. I found leaving it in drive and locking out the gears I don’t want it shifting to seems to lessen the workload of being in the right gear for the driving circumstances
How do you lock out the gears you don’t want ?

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any harm running in sport mode all the the time (Not on the Highway).I can’t deal with the 10 speed tranny always 2 gears ahead.When applying the gas it feels and sounds horrible until it kicks back down a few gears.
80,000 miles 99% in S mode...you'll be fine...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak to the long-term impact, but early on I was running in Sport all the time, including the highway, for months on end with no issues--except low mileage. After I got the Ford Performance tune, Drive improved so much that I mostly use that now, saving Sport for winding mountain roads etc.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
I'll usually leave it in sport mode while in town & flip into D once I'm at highway speeds.

I would have loved flappy paddle shifters, but they'd need to activate manual mode and not just progressive shift. At least they could have done what most manufactures do is have the shifter move to the right to activate manual shift and tap it forward/back.
Sponsored