Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Today we caught the first shots (and video) of a production spec LHD Ranger Raptor while testing in Metro Detroit. Up until this point Ford has only shown the RHD version of the truck.

Seeing this LHD Ranger Raptor testing stateside more or less guarantees a US debut, and should garner excitement for those still waiting for a confirmation from Ford. This truck features a Raptor graphics package, and the engine emitted that all too familiar diesel clang heard on earlier prototypes (as heard in the video).

The Ranger Raptor made its official debut in Bangkok, Thailand back in February. Upon debut, Ford confirmed that it would be equipped (overseas models) with an all-new twin turbo 2.0 diesel good for 211 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.

The 2019 Ranger FX4 debuted with a version of the 2.3-liter Ecoboost used in the Mustang and Lincoln MKC paired to a ten-speed automatic, although engine options for the Ranger Raptor should consist of a version of the 2.7-liter Ecoboost V6, also found in the F-150, and fingers crossed, the new twin turbo diesel.

We wouldn’t be surprised if the US spec Ranger Raptor made an official debut later this year!

2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-1.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-2.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-3.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-4.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-5.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-6.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-7.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-8.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-9.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-10.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

sfcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Yesssss finally!!

Ranger Raptor looking great in red, but best of all in LHD!!

Amafi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Explorer
Awesome news cant wait for this! any word on release date in US?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Awesome. I really cant wait to see how this is priced compared to the new Jeep Scrambler.

Also is it weird it still sounds like a diesel? The rumors were that it would get an Ecoboost state side.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Awesome. I really cant wait to see how this is priced compared to the new Jeep Scrambler.

Also is it weird it still sounds like a diesel? The rumors were that it would get an Ecoboost state side.
It did indeed have some diesel clatter.

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT
Awesome news cant wait for this! any word on release date in US?
Hasn't even been officially announced yet and Ford's been coy when asked about it. But there's little doubt this thing is coming to North American market now that it's been spied in LHD form and testing in the U.S.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The guesses I have seen thrown around are Detroit 2019 Announcement. Would make sense one year after announcing the Ranger back in the U.S.

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
It did indeed have some diesel clatter.
Interesting if this turns out to be diesel Ranger Raptor. IMO diesel makes more sense for the Bronco than it does for the Ranger, at least for the Raptor model. Raptor models are meant for face paced high speed high HP offroading which isn't diesel's strong suit. A diesel engine's low end torque more benefits a Bronco which is supposed to take on the Wrangler.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4
I read something some where on the internet that a v6 was not in the plans for American version for the ranger raptor!! ford probably will use a pumped up version of the 2.3

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Really hope we get the 2.7L Ecoboost instead of the 2.3L. The 2.7L was a Ward's best engine 2018 winner - https://www.wardsauto.com/engines/2018-winner-ford-f-150-27l-ecoboost-twin-turbo-v-6
The 2.7L would be much better IMO.

I followed that V6 drama but that was stated by a Ford Asia executive that handles the Raptor Ranger for Asia including Australia. My guess is he is saying that in terms of that no way gas V6 is coming to those markets.

The U.S. version will be tailored to the U.S. market as there is no way Americans would deal with an underpowered diesel. But I really hope they dont cheap out and do the 2.3L with a tune.

Supertrooper

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This LHD Ranger Raptor (same license plate) was just spotted in Canada. Nice closeup shots.

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-1.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-2.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-3.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-4.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-5.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-6.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-7.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-8.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-9.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-10.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-11.jpg

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-NA-Sighting-12.jpg

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I was in SE Michigan the past few days, and I saw the ranger raptor up close in that camo that they do (no pics was in someone's driveway), its pretty massive, almost looks bigger than an f150, but im probably wrong. Maybe its the camo, but it looked wider than the one in the pictures,, just now realizing those pics are a few years old now... But still, its very wide and high up compared to a stock ranger.
Sponsored