JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2020
Occupation
PM
Hi Guys
Pretty new to any heavy off roading but getting ready for a big trip. Read that it’s always sensible to pack some essential spare parts eg hoses etc and was wondering if anyone had a list of spares that you would recommend for a ranger raptor?? Or a generic list would also be great
Cheers!
Sponsored

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Honestly more important for bringing the stuff to get you unstuck and doing your pre trip checks and inspections. Aka all your things are tightened ( paint marker bolts) and regular maintenance is good to go.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Honestly more important for bringing the stuff to get you unstuck and doing your pre trip checks and inspections. Aka all your things are tightened ( paint marker bolts) and regular maintenance is good to go.
Agreed. When I was doing a lot of off roading I carried a tow strap and camp shovel. You could also get a rescue board if you wanted. Tow strap wouldn't help if you were alone so maybe a wench if you do it alone.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Agreed. When I was doing a lot of off roading I carried a tow strap and camp shovel. You could also get a rescue board if you wanted. Tow strap wouldn't help if you were alone so maybe a wench if you do it alone.
More important than spare parts is friends :)

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
If you are doing forest roads or trails not traveled much, a chainsaw is a must. Nothing worse than getting half way down a trail and find a tree blocking your path. I've used mine more than once in the past few months.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
How many cc's is safe if your a TG Damper owner?
Would an electric chainsaw be wiser?
You have to hire a man to ride with you to use the chainsaw for you..... I have a tailgate damper...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

That'll put a damper on your day. ?

OP I would make sure you have some essentials like a tire patch kit, tow rope recovery boards, lighter, small shovel and don't forget the gloves! Nothing worse than getting stuck or having to clear some brush and not having some good gloves. Also I would bring extra water and some trial mix just in case you ever get stuck and need something to get you through the night.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wanting to pick one of these up. It would be great for cutting down the smaller stuff and it's nice and small so it won't take up to much room.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...Battery-and-Charger-2527-21/313505705#overlay

Milwaukee Cordless Chainsaw.jpg
Ahhh Dave, the QVC/HSN ramrod of the Ranger Dave Shopping Network...better start looking for a utility shed trailer to tow behind as your mobile shop for all the tools you find a need for ?

My problem is that I say, "oh yeah...he's got a point..." wait...wait (waiting for Al (@Texasota ) to mention the top of you head ;))

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
One part I’ve considered purchasing as a spare for my overland trips is an alternator. I’ve crossed a few areas of water in Osceola National Forest that were well beyond what Ford recommends.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I've been wanting to pick one of these up. It would be great for cutting down the smaller stuff and it's nice and small so it won't take up to much room.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...Battery-and-Charger-2527-21/313505705#overlay

Milwaukee Cordless Chainsaw.jpg
I actually have that one. I have found that you need about 3 batteries haha. I just bought the 18v version. should be here next week. I got it from my Cornwell dealer that comes every Wednesday haha. Wonder what my boss would think of his tool embersement going to my offroad adventures haha.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I actually have that one. I have found that you need about 3 batteries haha. I just bought the 18v version. should be here next week. I got it from my Cornwell dealer that comes every Wednesday haha. Wonder what my boss would think of his tool embersement going to my offroad adventures haha.
I kind of thought you'd need a few batteries with these. I saw the 18v one but it's a 16" bar and I just liked the small compact size of the 12v one. It's funny because before you know it you have half your garage stuffed into your truck bed to go off roading for things you "might" encounter out there. lol

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I kind of thought you'd need a few batteries with these. I saw the 18v one but it's a 16" bar and I just liked the small compact size of the 12v one. It's funny because before you know it you have half your garage stuffed into your truck bed to go off roading for things you "might" encounter out there. lol
I know right. Everytime I go I seem to carry more and more. My better half always looks and says" you sure you need all that" and I just look and nod my head. Haha She was happy when I had the chainsaw after we went out after some flooding.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I know right. Everytime I go I seem to carry more and more. My better half always looks and says" you sure you need all that" and I just look and nod my head. Haha She was happy when I had the chainsaw after we went out after some flooding.
I'm always one that plans for the worse just in case something happens when you're out there especially if you're not with others. I'll have to plan better once I get my Bronco as it's only a 2dr and the back cargo area is very small. IIRC its only 20"x42". ? I'm sure I'll have the rear seats folded down like 90% of the time just to have more storage room. At least it'll keep my gf from bringing half her wardrobe when we go away for only a couple days. lol
Sponsored