• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Some people don't like the 12 inch screen...

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
I've got my order in for a 24 Lariat and I've seen a lot of people throwing shade on the tech package in the 2024; however, for me it was a Huge selling point...granted most of the ones I've seen doing it on reddit have a 90's era ranger but still. Nothing wrong with progress!
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible
I've got my order in for a 24 Lariat and I've seen a lot of people throwing shade on the tech package in the 2024; however, for me it was a Huge selling point...granted most of the ones I've seen doing it on reddit have a 90's era ranger but still. Nothing wrong with progress!
I totally agree, itā€™s a huge selling point. I have an order in for the Raptor and the screen is one of the things that influenced my decision to finally go with a Ranger. Iā€™ve always liked the size, but the interior never felt like a truck interior to me until the 2024ā€™s. I think the screen compliments the more rugged interior look without looking dated.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a selling point for me but itā€™s nice. Aussie reviewers did say there was more lag time with it though

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I like how its positioned way more then the new Tacoma.

OP
OP
Nate

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a selling point for me but itā€™s nice. Aussie reviewers did say there was more lag time with it though
I can take a little lag since it also comes with Wireless Carplay/Sync4 which was another big seller for me

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
You think that's large look at the one in the Tesla. At least the Ford one suites the interior.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I can take a little lag since it also comes with Wireless Carplay/Sync4 which was another big seller for me
The wireless apple car play and chargers were what ultimately made me decide to get a ranger over a new frontier back when the ranger was announced lol

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
You think that's large look at the one in the Tesla. At least the Ford one suites the interior.
Tesla interiors just donā€™t do it for me. Iā€™m all about simplicity but they take it to a stupid level

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Hopefully it smooths out with more software updates.

Sponsored

Deleted member 5711

I have a Mach E GTPE that has the same system as the Ranger will have. The OTA (Over The AIr) updates work well and after the last one which totally changed the look and feel of the system it is faster. When I first received the car there were some problems and Ford has a Great tech team that worked through it on the phone and fixed it. I find it amazing they can send a download directly to your specific vehicle now. Never had to take it back to the dealer.

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Great screen though not the greatest UI and a bit laggy. Rumour has it that an OTA UI update is coming. There's a few videos of the Thai trim 'Stormtrak' with the newer interface.

*edit: just noticed that the US built demos have the newer UI too.

Last edited:

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
It was also a selling point for me, although I wish I could have seen it in person prior to ordering. Guess Iā€™ll have to go check out Billā€™s mustang! šŸ˜Ž

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I have a Mach E GTPE that has the same system as the Ranger will have. The OTA (Over The AIr) updates work well and after the last one which totally changed the look and feel of the system it is faster. When I first received the car there were some problems and Ford has a Great tech team that worked through it on the phone and fixed it. I find it amazing they can send a download directly to your specific vehicle now. Never had to take it back to the dealer.
that sounds great, how did you contact them to help you?

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
12 inches is good fit and is selling point every trim is very inches bigger than Colorado trims.
Sponsored