Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
So I decided to put in an order for a Bronco, and being that the price tag is pretty high I knew I would have to trade in one of my vehicles, and thought for sure I was going to be forced to trade in my Ranger, which I really didn't want to do. But, my wife decided that she would rather trade in her Santa Fe and take the Ranger! Super excited that we get to keep the Ranger and I will get my off-roading, Sasquatching beast of a Bronco!

Although I have no idea when I will actually get said Bronco, but still... super excited!
Sponsored

Silver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Well, I gave up on a Bronco since mine had three of the deadly order sins (waited how many years now??? - so I now have a '21 Tremor that I am very impressed with and think it will in the end, be a better idea for me. Always have my 73 Bronco Black and Blue! Best of luck in your vigil!

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I gave up on a Bronco since mine had three of the deadly order sins (waited how many years now??? - so I now have a '21 Tremor that I am very impressed with and think it will in the end, be a better idea for me. Always have my 73 Bronco Black and Blue! Best of luck in your vigil!
I tried to avoid the "deadly order sins" as you put it on my build. I went with a base model 4-door with soft top, but I added the Sasquatch package. Fingers crossed that I get it before the end of the year.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
So I decided to put in an order for a Bronco, and being that the price tag is pretty high I knew I would have to trade in one of my vehicles, and thought for sure I was going to be forced to trade in my Ranger, which I really didn't want to do. But, my wife decided that she would rather trade in her Santa Fe and take the Ranger! Super excited that we get to keep the Ranger and I will get my off-roading, Sasquatching beast of a Bronco!

Although I have no idea when I will actually get said Bronco, but still... super excited!
What an awesome wife.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I tried to avoid the "deadly order sins" as you put it on my build. I went with a base model 4-door with soft top, but I added the Sasquatch package. Fingers crossed that I get it before the end of the year.
If you just put in your order you're most likely a '22. They're supposed to go by timestamp but the way Ford has been with the orders anything is possible. Someone put in their order in April and just got their Base a couple weeks ago. I have an October 14th reservation, ordered a Badlands with the High package and I'll be lucky to see it this time next year.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you just put in your order you're most likely a '22. They're supposed to go by timestamp but the way Ford has been with the orders anything is possible. Someone put in their order in April and just got their Base a couple weeks ago. I have an October 14th reservation, ordered a Badlands with the High package and I'll be lucky to see it this time next year.
I realize that I'm probably a '22 but I'm holding out hope to possibly get it this year. In any case, the vehicles that I currently have are in good shape so if I have to wait it's not the end of the world. I certainly hope you won't have to wait as long as you are thinking.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I realize that I'm probably a '22 but I'm holding out hope to possibly get it this year. In any case, the vehicles that I currently have are in good shape so if I have to wait it's not the end of the world. I certainly hope you won't have to wait as long as you are thinking.
You do have a good chance seeing it's a base but the SAS could be an issue. At this point no one has a clue when they're getting theirs. There are day one Res holders still without a build date.

I was torn (and still am) between a Base SAS and the Badlands High package. I do like all the tech in the BL and I love the 360/12" camera. It's a 2dr and I want the hardtop so it could be a long wait.

Silver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Ahh, the "Squash" is one of the deadly sins that sets you way back... AND yes, what a prize Bride to be with. I have a plan brewing, that if I like the new Ranger that is, uhhh, coming, in a year or so, to give my Bride this Ranger and order me one of those. Her F150 is getting tired - though she loves it to no end. Just a thought...

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, the "Squash" is one of the deadly sins that sets you way back... AND yes, what a prize Bride to be with. I have a plan brewing, that if I like the new Ranger that is, uhhh, coming, in a year or so, to give my Bride this Ranger and order me one of those. Her F150 is getting tired - though she loves it to no end. Just a thought...
Let's hope the new Ranger release is not the disaster that the Bronco release is.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The 2019 US Return of the Ranger wasn't an all-new vehicle like much if the Bronco is... one level being an AWD Escape knock off (am I right?) And the 'bigger' one the new incarnation.

Aside from supply issues as we had with certain Ranger parts (tow package option availability) I'm reading of issues with the German manufacturer of the tops is a concern... a little like the black roof trim on our trucks.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 2019 US Return of the Ranger wasn't an all-new vehicle like much if the Bronco is... one level being an AWD Escape knock off (am I right?) And the 'bigger' one the new incarnation.

Aside from supply issues as we had with certain Ranger parts (tow package option availability) I'm reading of issues with the German manufacturer of the tops is a concern... a little like the black roof trim on our trucks.
Yes you are correct. Webasto sh*t the bed with the hard top production for the Bronco and has been fired by Ford. There's no telling how long people will have to wait if they ordered a hard top. That's why I went with the soft top on my order.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes you are correct. Webasto sh*t the bed with the hard top production for the Bronco and has been fired by Ford. There's no telling how long people will have to wait if they ordered a hard top. That's why I went with the soft top on my order.

The hard tops (MIC) are still being produced they're just full of defects now. There's a whole lot full of them that they're going through this week while MAP is on shutdown. At some point most if not all these tops will have to be replaced under warranty.

Just to clarify Webasto was only fired from making the modular top which was supposed to come out in '22. They are still making the MIC (molded in color) top. Now they're saying the new MOD top might not be out until late '22 but most likely '23. Member PREMiERdrum has credible inside info.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...or-bronco-after-webasto-loses-contract.19864/

Q: Wasn't is implied/rumored that the reason the MOD tops were pushed to 23 was because Ford pulled the contract for those and gave them to another supplier?

A: Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I haven't been impressed with the new Bronco. Until, I visited the local Ford dealership yesterday for a part. The one and only one in the showroom was awesome. When they're allowed to sell it, it will have a dealer mark-up of 16k. Supply and demand dude, supply and demand.
The same dealership sells f150s with bolt on upgrades for 98k.

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@AzScorpion thanks for the clarification. I think it's only a matter of time before another manufacturer steps up to the plate and creates a better MIC top and Ford goes with them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion thanks for the clarification. I think it's only a matter of time before another manufacturer steps up to the plate and creates a better MIC top and Ford goes with them.
I agree and would bet the new MOD top manufacturer would most likely be the one until the aftermarket companies catch up. Right now they can't fire Webasto since they're the only company set up to produce them right now. Defects and all it's better to have something going out than nothing. From what I've read Webasto is responsible for all warranty work with these defects.

Personally I do not like the soft top at all and would rather take a defective hard top and wait it out. There is no soft top as of yet for the 2dr so this puts me in another bind. Supposedly they're "working on it" trying to fix the MOD tops but if they do produce the 2dr in '22 with only a soft top I will most likely cancel my order.
Sponsored