First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Field Service Rep
I know I haven’t posted much on this site… but you members have been very helpful over the years, even when I just browsed threads.
Sold 2019 Ranger to Carvana today. Couldn’t believe what they were offering me for it (over $35k). It was a loaded Lariat with the FX4 and had 27k miles on it. Just thought I’d share if anyone else was checking to see what kind of offers are out there… but also wanted to thank y’all for the excellent topics and responses.

I currently switched back to a Crew Cab Z71 Silverado as the small crew cab on the Ranger was killing me when making trips to see the grandkids.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Glad you got a good price for your Ranger Jon. I can't blame you (or anyone) for cashing in on good deals right now as it's rare to be able to sell for a high price 4 years later. It's all about being comfortable and being happy with what you have and I hope the Z71 treats you well.

OP
OP

Georgia Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Field Service Rep
Glad you got a good price for your Ranger Jon. I can't blame you (or anyone) for cashing in on good deals right now as it's rare to be able to sell for a high price 4 years later. It's all about being comfortable and being happy with what you have and I hope the Z71 treats you well/
Appreciate it.

Fingers crossed. The truck is coming out of the Charlotte, NC area. I had to find a 4WD that hasn’t seen snow. It’s not as easy as it once was. Not that I’ll use the 4WD living in the south Atlanta area… but if I ever get stuck having to drive back to my hometown of Minneapolis (half the year), I’ll be glad I have it… and it helps with resale.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Appreciate it.

Fingers crossed. The truck is coming out of the Charlotte, NC area. I had to find a 4WD that hasn’t seen snow. It’s not as easy as it once was. Not that I’ll use the 4WD living in the south Atlanta area… but if I ever get stuck having to drive back to my hometown of Minneapolis (half the year), I’ll be glad I have it… and it helps with resale.
My 2018 LTZ Silverado had a defective frame that was just about rusted through in 2 years the dealer finally bought back after GM said it was to bad to do the TSB on. Don't ever touch one from the north because they skipped the frame cleaning process trapping corrosive chemicals under the wax coating. That's why I went back to Ford.

OP
OP

Georgia Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Field Service Rep
That’s good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll be going over this vehicle with a fine tooth comb… I see there’s a few mods I need to make on it right off the bat. It’s a 5.3 V8, with direct injection. It doesn’t look like there’s a drop can in there, so I’ll have to add. Along with the larger air intake.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a super deal! I might jump on something like that myself, except not with any GM product. After the way they left me and several hundred thousand other loyal Saturn customers to twist in the wind with their epic and totally foreseen VTI transmission disaster no GM product new or used will ever grace my driveway again.
Sponsored

Last edited: