So I went to our Honda Dealer today.......

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
Apologize for the blending of my reply into the other statements. Not sure why that occured .
Sponsored

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike the ranger it's that the ridgeline is probably a better fit for our lifestyle. I try not to have a closed mind about any vehicle until I've actually driven it. Looks don't attract me. That's too subjective.
That's all that really matters.. YOUR opinion... since it will be YOUR vehicle... discussions are nice but in the end you get what works for YOU and everyone else can ... well, mind their own business.. lol

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
That's all that really matters.. YOUR opinion... since it will be YOUR vehicle... discussions are nice but in the end you get what works for YOU and everyone else can ... well, mind their own business.. lol
By having the OP bring up this topic on a Ranger forum, my impression is that the OP wants feedback and advice, good or bad. In other words, the OP wants it to be “everybody’s business”, at least until the OP takes a final action on the RL vs Ranger issue.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
By having the OP bring up this topic on a Ranger forum, my impression is that the OP wants feedback and advice, good or bad. In other words, the OP wants it to be “everybody’s business”, at least until the OP takes a final action on the RL vs Ranger issue.
Absolutely... but in the end it is what makes sense for that person..

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The Ridgeline makes a ton of sense very practical, but damn I just couldn't even consider it because of how it looks. Honestly if I'm gonna go practical i'd buy a minivan. I have a 2006 F150 with an 8 ft bed if I need to haul anything. My wifes old minivan would have hauled more in the back than my Crew Cab Ranger or Ridgeline.
Yea I just hate the looks.
It is great for someone who does not haul or pull allot but needs to haul like garden stuff you do not want in your SUV. For those who do mainly drive on the roads it is great too...

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Tom, I think you just need to go old school. ?

Ford Ranchero.jpg
LOL Yeah ok...... What is that? a Ranchero?

So I posted looking at a Ridgeline knowing fully well, it would not be the choice of 99% on this forum LOL. I absolutely love the Ranger but the ridgeline is more practical for me...Im just throwing it out there. It's not something I will do anytime soon. Thankfully I do like the Ranger or I would have taken a $10K loss.....Not gonna happen this soon.

I was looking for opinion s and comments. To my surprise, I am not the only one who gave Ridgeline a thought.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
The Ridgeline fan boy that brought this whole topic ( unwanted in my opinion) in all its ridiculousness to us & had some underlying agenda it looked like to me ..who signs up an goes on a very vehicle specific page to try an subtlety promote a POS fake truck can go away. No seeds were planted fella . I think some of us got good laugh from his 1st post . Ford trucks for life!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Ridgeline fan boy that brought this whole topic ( unwanted in my opinion) in all its ridiculousness to us & had some underlying agenda it looked like to me ..who signs up an goes on a very vehicle specific page to try an subtlety promote a POS fake truck can go away. No seeds were planted fella . I think some of us got good laugh from his 1st post . Ford trucks for life!
LOL!

Do you think he's a paid by Honda plant? LOL!

The only thing I think the OP did wrong was not post the thread in the
General Automotive (Other Vehicles) forum.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
LOL!

Do you think he's a paid by Honda plant? LOL!

The only thing I think the OP did wrong was not post the thread in the
General Automotive (Other Vehicles) forum.
Funny because he has EIGHT posts in a thread the has zero interest in...Go figure...

I ignored him. Nothing but negativity..... Every forum has one or two exceptionally rude people. . Likely because in reality, he is THEE uber Ford fanboi ("Ford trucks for life") he cannot take it when someone else brings in another great vehicle for opinions.

Maybe the mods can move this thread where it belongs to spare him from opening and commenting in a thread he has no interest in except to Defend his "Ford for Life""Thankfully most of the comments in this thread we're a whole lot more kind and informative.

Thank You to all those who were NOT offended by the subject. '

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Who cares really. So someone likes the Honda. How does it affect you, not everyone has to like the same truck you have? Skip the thread. I find the thread interesting.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love Honda cars but personally don't care for the Ridgeline. I know they ride nice and all but I want a truck to ride like a truck and I don't care for the unibody. I need 4wd for the places we go shooting and still enjoy off roading several times a year. Sounds like it would be a good truck for you and your needs but damn that's a slap in the face for your trade in! I think you will see better deals towards the end of summer. It's usually the best time to but when they're trying to get rid of this years models but I think they'll have much more inventory this year because of the virus.

My girlfriends lease on her Civic is up the end of August and she's hoping to get a really good deal on another one. She got a good deal 3 years ago @ $140.00/month for a brand new Civic with only $1,000 down. I'm thinking they'll be more desperate this year.
If i still lived in the desert of las vegas., i would have a four-wheel drive for sure. Back in the day we used to go into the desert and shoot. We did a lot of four wheeling. Here i won't be doing any four wheeling.

Those who say all-wheel drive sucks should go up north and see what people are driving in the snow. . All-wheel drive is better than 2-wheel drive when it comes to dirt roads and wet pavement at least.

My wife's hondas have been great. But there's no way I give up my Ranger and 10 grand to buy a ridgeline. I just don't see $10,000 more. Because I only put about five or six thousand miles a year on a vehicle I'm a look at something used next time around unless the redesigned Tacoma and ranger calls me. I'm not beholden to any brand

EPSON023.JPG

TERRORIST.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Who cares really. So someone likes the Honda. How does it affect you, not everyone has to like the same truck you have? Skip the thread.
Thanks. I think he's a little bit negative. I don't have any use for people like that. Why he entered this thread I will never know........Just to be an ass...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If i still lived in the desert of las vegas., i would have a four-wheel drive for sure. Back in the day we used to go into the desert and shoot. We did a lot of four wheeling. Here i won't be doing any four wheeling. Those who say all-wheel drive sucks should go up north and see what people are driving in the snow. No it's not something I. would do today. All-wheel drive is better than 2-wheel drive when it comes to dirt roads at least. My wife's hondas have been great. But there's no way I give up my ranger and 10 grand to buy a ridgeline. I just don't see $10,000 more. Because I only put about five or six thousand miles a year on a vehicle I'm a look at something used next time around unless the redesigned Tacoma and ranger calls me. I'm not beholden to any brand

You're right it's not worth taking a $10K hit. Maybe next time wait closer to Black Friday where they seem to have the best rebates on the Ranger. Looks like some got $6,000-$8,000 off around that time on the XLT. If I didn't go out in the desert shooting I'd probably consider a 4x2 but where we go there's quite a few deep sandy washes and another place we go occasionally is pretty rocky so the 4wd comes in handy.

I always say drive what YOU like and the heck what anyone else thinks! I always ask my girlfriend her opinion but like she says "it's your truck and you're going to do what you want anyways". Lol true but I due still ask her. I always loved the Saber color from the first article I read about the Ranger coming back to N'America. I know some think it's to orange but I like the way it changes color in different light. When we saw one last summer in CO it was just as nice if not nicer looking on person and I went out and bought mine 3 weeks later. So I guess what I'm saying in my long winded post is buy what makes you happy and the heck to what anyone else thinks! ;)

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You're right it's not worth taking a $10K hit. Maybe next time wait closer to Black Friday where they seem to have the best rebates on the Ranger. Looks like some got $6,000-$8,000 off around that time on the XLT. If I didn't go out in the desert shooting I'd probably consider a 4x2 but where we go there's quite a few deep sandy washes and another place we go occasionally is pretty rocky so the 4wd comes in handy.

I always say drive what YOU like and the heck what anyone else thinks! I always ask my girlfriend her opinion but like she says "it's your truck and you're going to do what you want anyways". Lol true but I due still ask her. I always loved the Saber color from the first article I read about the Ranger coming back to N'America. I know some think it's to orange but I like the way it changes color in different light. When we saw one last summer in CO it was just as nice if not nicer looking on person and I went out and bought mine 3 weeks later. So I guess what I'm saying in my long winded post is buy what makes you happy and the heck to what anyone else thinks! ;)
I almost bought a saber fx4 four-wheel drive from the showroom floor. It was the only truck they had but I passed eventually finding the truck I really wanted. Which is what I have. But I'm always open for mature suggestions. Which is what i've been used to in this forum versus Tacoma world. This forum has a whole lot fewer assholes then Tacoma world. :giggle: There's always a few though.
Sponsored