First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
FYI for anyone on the fence for buying the RSI SmartCap. Received this email a few days ago.

We hope you're having a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season! As 2022 is quickly approaching, we want to inform you of the impending price increase for all SmartCap Stainless Steel Truck Caps. But don't worry, there's still time to lock in the old price!

Due to ongoing supply chain constraints and material cost increases, all SmartCap Authorized Dealers will be forced to increase the Minimum Advertised Price for SmartCap models by $300 no later than January 1, 2022.

PLEASE NOTE: All orders must be placed with OffroadAlliance.com by 12:00pm EST on 12/30/21 to lock in the old price.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I hope that $300 increase includes a working taillight harness.

I kid, kinda...
Did you write the company? I read somewhere that they mistakenly inserted the African version, but we're having issues with the correct US version.
That said. All is need is to tap into the positive brakes light wiring and ground it. Took me 15 minutes.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ouch they already too expensive for me...

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Inflation is hurting every company it seems. Hopefully it will settle a bit sometime this year, but sadly the damage it already done. I was thinking of a cap for my Ranger in the spring of '21, but the prices changed my mind quickly. With the prices increases now I just can't see the value no more than I would need it.

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Inflation is hurting every company it seems. Hopefully it will settle a bit sometime this year, but sadly the damage it already done. I was thinking of a cap for my Ranger in the spring of '21, but the prices changed my mind quickly. With the prices increases now I just can't see the value no more than I would need it.
I am struggling with trying to purchase the Load bars for the top of the smartcap. They have been on backorder but supposed to be in by mid February. I went online to (Off Road Alliance) and they want to charge 47.00 for shipping. Not sure, but I thought it used to be free shipping. Still 47.00 is high. I think some are going to increase shipping to offset price increases.

GO Brandon!!

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
The loadbars are made by Frontrunner. Frontrunner has them available. I bought a set plus an extra loadbar for a total of 3. Look for the set is labeled for RSI. There are 2 different sizes. Our trucks use the smaller ones.

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The loadbars are made by Frontrunner. Frontrunner has them available. I bought a set plus an extra loadbar for a total of 3. Look for the set is labeled for RSI. There are 2 different sizes. Our trucks use the smaller ones.
Could you please post the link to the product or at least the part number?

Last edited:

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
This is the invoice for the additional slat

Screenshot_20220108-073018.png

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Wrote them and this is the total kit.
Product Code: KRCA009
Front Runner RSI Double Cab Smart Canopy Load Bar Kit / 1165mm

Ended up ordering from Expedition Superstore. Way less shipping $6.90 vs $63.03 (both 3 day shipping) and NO tax.
Total $231.90 VS $327.09

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I installed the load bars, but what are the fixed nuts on the end of each bar for. I mounted it with the nuts facing upward. Hopefully that was correct. No mention of them on the instructions.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I installed the load bars, but what are the fixed nuts on the end of each bar for. I mounted it with the nuts facing upward. Hopefully that was correct. No mention of them on the instructions.
No idea. I did the same as you. I have no clue what they are for. I may be mounting my tent this weekend so I'll let you know how they handle the weight.
Sponsored

Reactions: CHS