Sliding window coating

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Once thing I've noticed is nothing sticks to the outside of the sliding window. The window surrounding it will be icy or wet yet the slider is always dry and crystal clear. Does anyone know if there is some sort of coating on it? If there is I'd like to put it on the rest of the windows! It's much better than any Rain-X product I've used.
Sponsored

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Try bead maker.
Or ceramic coat it.
Does it just stay clear because it is protected more sitting in some?

30A3556F-6A56-4089-AE04-AC01766422DC.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Once thing I've noticed is nothing sticks to the outside of the sliding window. The window surrounding it will be icy or wet yet the slider is always dry and crystal clear. Does anyone know if there is some sort of coating on it? If there is I'd like to put it on the rest of the windows! It's much better than any Rain-X product I've used.
I use Opti-Seal on all my glass,I apply it 2-3 times a year. It's much better than Rain X and lasts a long time. You only use a very small amount like one spray per window (2 on the windshield). Water beads right up and you almost don't need your wipers on.

I also use this on my bath mirrors and my glass shower,it prevent fogging and the water beads up and eliminates soap scum. Great for stainless appliances too as it helps with finger prints and smudges. I think I'm addicted to Optimum products like you are to your DeWalt tools! :LOL:

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-2023...id=1573317472&sprefix=opti+sea,aps,202&sr=8-1

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I have also used Opti but for me bead maker better. Easier, forgiving, gloss and lasts longer. Try some time but both options.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have also used Opti but for me bead maker better. Easier, forgiving, gloss and lasts longer. Try some time but both options.
Thanks! That looks like a very good product too. There are so many good one out there now and it's nice to see what others are using. I'm just partial to the Optimum products as I've been using them for many years and they hold up very well here in AZ where the sun destroys everything.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Understand.
Sometime buy a small 16oz bottle to try. While drying helps remove water spots and over the first 24hrs slick feel increases.
Sponsored