First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Happy to see the thread turned into something worthwhile - as a discussion of STP. Pic of Andy Granatelli's trench coat from museum of natural history and one where incredibly he wasn't (shoehorned ) wearing it.

Life is rarely fair as when moving I attempted to sell both my wife's and my London Fogs, both in like new condition and they ended up in the Goodwill whereas Andy's in on display for posterity.

STP is the racer's edge.

1661354074006.png

1661353970501.png
Who’s Andy Granatelli?
Sponsored

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Way back brain. We road our bicycle's to the seven gas stations to get the stickers that they pushed out. I scored a set.
Now fast forward 15 years and my 1976 Honda Civic is nearing 100k miles, leaking oil, and a friend recommends STP to swell the gaskets, and it worked!!! Sold it six months later, unexpectedly, so the story ends.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'll be honest, stp engine honey did temporarily stop my dodge dakotas blue start up smoke for about 8 months. And when it did return, wasn't quite as bad.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I met Richard Petty once at an autograph signing event in Martinsville. The line was long, and I was literally at the very end of it so I got to watch him interact for a good while until he got to me. He was gracious to everyone in that line the whole time. A class guy, in my opinion.
likely the most down to earth famous person ever. i would watch races as a kid just to see richard petty. had his hotwheels and posters etc.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
if yall are interested Project Farm on youtube has a few videos testing oil additives and a recent features STP. Old STP and newer if I remember correctly. Turns out STP does help in some ways. Basically when the engine is hot and being run hard it helped. On cold starts etc. I was more hurt than help. Plus the stickers still look cool to me lol. But the Vermeer and Wayne stickers look cool to me too so what do i know lol.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
if yall are interested Project Farm on youtube has a few videos testing oil additives and a recent features STP. Old STP and newer if I remember correctly. Turns out STP does help in some ways. Basically when the engine is hot and being run hard it helped. On cold starts etc. I was more hurt than help. Plus the stickers still look cool to me lol. But the Vermeer and Wayne stickers look cool to me too so what do i know lol.
I tried their power steering pump "restore" which would seal leaks and recondition the pump.

10 minutes into application it killed the PS pump. Worked too good...

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
OK good people, let’s try to keep this light hearted.

Who will admit publicly they’ve used these snake oils in the past?

Guilty as charged?

Who will publicly admit they’ll use in the future. OK, just one as one is long gone.
Slick 50.jpg
ARCO.jpg.jpg
Nope, l never used any additives to any of my cars. In the minority???
Sponsored