SiriusXM quit on me, Ranger won't let me choose as an option.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
So tonight on the way home, I stopped, filled the tank up because I needed to. As I was leaving the gas station the radio goes dark. Okay odd, I switched sources to FM and well FM works. I try to switch back to Satellite and it won't even let me select it just clicks I touched it and that's it. I got home shut off the Ranger open the door to shut down the system, started it back up same thing. I am wondering if this maybe a software issue as for some reason it didn't give me the the file to upload to Ford to indicate I updated the system. It also hasn't self informed that the update has been done. Trying to get scheduled in to see if Ford may need to do some further software updates I can't get access to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrBirdman330

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Letter Carrier
It does actually because Ford still thinks I'm on version 3.1.114 or something like that opposed to 3.2.220 and I believe there is a 3.2.255 now which is for the radio itself.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Lost Sirius??........no big loss IMHO!

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I prefer it over the local selection here. I can actually listen to 80s all day and not get something from another decade.
Locals here stink too.......I got a jump-drive and loaded 'er up with music I like.......plug 'er in down below and good to go.........even commercial free! :like:

OP
OP
MrBirdman330

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Don't mess with that, Audible for road trips XM for short drives no need to screw with skipping playlists.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Definitely suspect a software issue of sorts. I would recommend a reset of the truck. Disconnect the negative from the battery for about 1 minute and reconnect. Worse case scenario it doesnt help. Best case its all working again. If ir works after words I suggest connevring the truck to your home WIFI. After that with automatic updates it should update the SYNC and be good to go

OP
OP
MrBirdman330

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Definitely suspect a software issue of sorts. I would recommend a reset of the truck. Disconnect the negative from the battery for about 1 minute and reconnect. Worse case scenario it doesnt help. Best case its all working again. If ir works after words I suggest connevring the truck to your home WIFI. After that with automatic updates it should update the SYNC and be good to go
[/QUOTE
Wish it were that simple but can't drive the truck across the apt lawn to where my unit is to hook up to my wifi, I sorta did that once with my Jeep but it was to reupload it's data for Appcar on my laptop and then I got it back in the parking lot immediately before there was a complaint. I suspect in general that would solve the problem but not worth a curse out session with the idiots in charge of the complex I live at. I don't know if a master reset on Sync would do it. I have half a mind to hook up to FORSCAN and see if a problem registers there.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Wish it were that simple but can't drive the truck across the apt lawn to where my unit is to hook up to my wifi, I sorta did that once with my Jeep but it was to reupload it's data for Appcar on my laptop and then I got it back in the parking lot immediately before there was a complaint. I suspect in general that would solve the problem but not worth a curse out session with the idiots in charge of the complex I live at. I don't know if a master reset on Sync would do it. I have half a mind to hook up to FORSCAN and see if a problem registers there.
If I remember correctly there is a reset option in forscan. That said with the sync update you can also go on the Ford website and download the updates onto a USB and then put the USB in the truck. If things cooperate it should update

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Hotspot your phone to get wifi in your truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrBirdman330

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Letter Carrier
If I remember correctly there is a reset option in forscan. That said with the sync update you can also go on the Ford website and download the updates onto a USB and then put the USB in the truck. If things cooperate it should update
Except that Ford is trying to give me 3.2.220 which I already have installed. I stuck the USB in since I did that update, says it's done so I'm at an impass. It just didn't give me the XML file and it won't send the information sync is updated when it does it's monthly information update to Ford like it should if you didn't do the XML file. So I think I will let the dealer mess with its under warranty. I suspect it's more than just simple fixes and I don't want to brick it by accident.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You might want to try giving it the 2 finger salute.

Whenever I've had weird Sync issues that usually clears it up.

To do the salute/reset, hold both the Power and Next track media button down for 5 seconds.

Sync should reboot.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

To do the salute/reset, hold both the Power and Next track media button down for 5 seconds.

Sync should reboot.
I'm glad that you elaborated on the "2-finger salute"; when I first read that, I thought that you were referring to the British version of the "good morning, officer" finger.

OP
OP
MrBirdman330

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Letter Carrier

Sync should reboot.
It's gonna take a couple weeks to get in to the dealer anyways, over 5 dealerships and all booked out past two weeks since I only have one Weekday available. I'm also going to see if the issue "corrects" itself. I had an earlier ordeal with my smart charging ports, the left one quit working for AA but would charge my phone. I was told Ford was shutting them down to resolve an issue with Carplay and AA. About two days later it worked again. I've also had a strange issue where I came around a blind curve and had to slam my brakes because some idiot was doing about 20 under the speed limit, my pre-collision triggered and when I got the truck halted, I got a message saying that my pre-collision shut down there was a fault and it wasn't on my DIC to turn back on. It came back when I restarted the truck though. I'm not going to mess with it out of possibly bricking it, and I don't need 2 or more weeks of driving in silence back and fourth to work. Its under warranty it may be fine in the morning. I suspect though it's software and it has to do with the update.
Sponsored