First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well im at it again. I xant remember where I first saw one of these but i now got one for $30 over at Advanced Auto Parts. It simply mounts with the Front License Plate and you have light mounts without messing up the front end. Perhaps you are wanting to save up for a bar/bumper but want the lights. Well this can do the trick. I still need to get some lights myself but this could do the trick for some of you.

1009221327_HDR.jpg

1009221327.jpg
Sponsored

UtahShooting

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Well im at it again. I xant remember where I first saw one of these but i now got one for $30 over at Advanced Auto Parts. It simply mounts with the Front License Plate and you have light mounts without messing up the front end. Perhaps you are wanting to save up for a bar/bumper but want the lights. Well this can do the trick. I still need to get some lights myself but this could do the trick for some of you.

1009221327_HDR.jpg

1009221327.jpg
Those don't suck. I had a 2014 Ram Tradesman model which is their lowest trim level. Front bumper was heavy steel (no plastic shroud), no fog lights and no place to mount lights. Didn't want to replace bumper as it was rugged and proved itself by surviving no less than two hard deer strikes.

Mounted one of those and was able to install lights which helped me avoid more deer strikes.

Pretty darn solid mount for what it is and since it mounted directly to steel bumper, it didn't deflect.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doesn't our plate mount just screw into the plastic cover?
Two bolts and two clip tabs of sorts. That said its bolter to metal and the little mount I show is pretty light(maybe 2 lbs?). I dont see it being much issue at all

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Small sode bar, but I sure do not miss front plates. What a hassle. Not a bad looking mount either.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Doesn't our plate mount just screw into the plastic cover?
This.

I've seen what it takes to break our front plate mount. I wouldn't put any lights I care about on it.

Our trucks have 4 built in spots to mount lights already.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This.

I've seen what it takes to break our front plate mount. I wouldn't put any lights I care about on it.

Our trucks have 4 built in spots to mount lights already.
Did forget about that but some individuals may not want to put lights there for air flow reasons. As for this little bar it's extremely light so it shouldnt be a concern mounting on the front plate mount for the Ranger

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Did forget about that but some individuals may not want to put lights there for air flow reasons. As for this little bar it's extremely light so it shouldnt be a concern mounting on the front plate mount for the Ranger
Correct.

Light weight bar attached to lightweight plate mount, with relatively heavy lights attached.

Again, probably fine if you're mounting some cheap chinesium lights. Not something I'd attach a set of $300-$400 cubes on.