Side mirrors

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Are there any other options other than stock? I have the xl/xlt ones and they are so bland compared to the rest of the truck.
Sponsored

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Are there any other options other than stock? I have the xl/xlt ones and they are so bland compared to the rest of the truck.
I know I wish they did a cap piece like I had for my Mustang from American Muscle, it was just a stick on the top of the side view mirrors that was body matched but it made it look so much better.

MVRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
3M vehicle wrap, not sure how close the colors would be to our current paint though. But always an option

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Two possible options.
1. Replace with Lariat mirrors, not cheap and will require some wiring additions.
2. Pop the caps and have them color matched or what ever color you choose.

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercrew Fx4
What all of the BLIS is located in the mirror housing, if there aren't any actual sensors and it's just the light, couldn't we hypothetically just use a little orange colored LED hidden on there strategically? On the eagle 4x4 ones...

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What all of the BLIS is located in the mirror housing, if there aren't any actual sensors and it's just the light, couldn't we hypothetically just use a little orange colored LED hidden on there strategically? On the eagle 4x4 ones...
It appears the only thing in the mirror is the BLIS light. The sensors are in the extremely expensive LED taillight assembly. You would need to scrape a spot in the mirror silver for the light to shine through. This on top of getting the wiring to work, which I don't know if anyone has completely done yet.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Another thread on here from a user that changed over to lariat mirrors from XLT. So he had folding with bliss and went to folding, bliss, heated, puddle lights and turn signal. Had to add some wiring and pins to the harness. He laid out what he did pretty clearly.

I went looking for junk yard ones but still pricy as heck!

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears the only thing in the mirror is the BLIS light. The sensors are in the extremely expensive LED taillight assembly. You would need to scrape a spot in the mirror silver for the light to shine through. This on top of getting the wiring to work, which I don't know if anyone has completely done yet.
For the wiring, I'm assuming in the current mirrors it's just 12v power to the LED, which wouldn't be hard to duplicate on the new ones. For LED placement, I was thinking more like drill a hole on the side of the plastic housing that faces the vehicle - there are LEDs that have a simple little round plastic finish ring to hold them... yea, it won't be on the mirror, but it'll still be a yellow light catching your peripheral... tucked between the two arms it might not look too bad ?‍♂

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thread on here from a user that changed over to lariat mirrors from XLT. So he had folding with bliss and went to folding, bliss, heated, puddle lights and turn signal. Had to add some wiring and pins to the harness. He laid out what he did pretty clearly.

I went looking for junk yard ones but still pricy as heck!
Yea, if I'm gonna dump that kinda money and electrical work, I want extendable for towing as well... those clearview ones in Australia supposedly have BLIS now - I emailed asking if anyone has tried on U.S. version, otherwise I do have a friend down under that would probably buy them then ship to me. That's a LOT of money to spend on a maybe though, especially with the lead times they're saying

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yea, if I'm gonna dump that kinda money and electrical work, I want extendable for towing as well... those clearview ones in Australia supposedly have BLIS now - I emailed asking if anyone has tried on U.S. version, otherwise I do have a friend down under that would probably buy them then ship to me. That's a LOT of money to spend on a maybe though, especially with the lead times they're saying
IIRC the Aussie ones have pin outs differently. So you got to swap them some. Can’t remember how the fit was. Here’s the pin out https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/adding-lariat-mirrors-to-an-xlt.3136/post-135387
Sponsored