First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt supercrew 4x4 iconic silver
Occupation
Railroad engineer
Anyone have/haul a side by side in the bed of the Ranger ? I’m wondering if a 4 wheeler or sxs will fit in the bed . I saw a hauler that fits over the bed and there’s always the trailer option, just looking for ideas.? I’m in the market for one or the other. Thanks
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck, have a plan, and be careful.

This reminds me of the time I hauled an EZGO golf cart in the back of my 2001 Ranger from Yuma to Buckeye, AZ. I needed to load it in backwards so the weight of the batteries was closer to the front of the truck. I had about 1/2" clearance on each side and wheel wells to get over. The rear window of the truck would only be an inch from the back of the cart. It was tight!

A crowd of "old guys" started gathering around while I was figuring out how to load it (did I mention I was in Yuma?), each with their own brand of advice on how I should be loading the cart. I just had to get out of there - it was quickly becoming a Seinfeld episode.

I secured my ramps, backed up to them, checked my line, pulled forward about a cart length to get a good run at it, put it back in reverse (beep, beep, beep), crossed my fingers, hit the pedal and hoped for the best. It was the bumpiest three seconds ever but it shot into the bed as straight as a die, bounced up over the wheel well hump, and I had to be quick on the brakes so I didn't bust out my rear window.

Perfect fit! I don't think I could ever do it again in a million years!

OP
OP
Jeffsmith13

Jeffsmith13

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad engineer
That’s hilarious, great story. I’m looking at a atv for a ride on Hatfield and McCoy trails in West Virginia next year. Haven’t had an atv in a while.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
A crowd of "old guys" started gathering around while I was figuring out how to load it (did I mention I was in Yuma?), each with their own brand of advice on how I should be loading the cart. I just had to get out of there - it was quickly becoming a Seinfeld episode.
My wife's grandparents snowbird in Mesa and this made me lol really hard. We have visited them a couple times and the crowd gathering and offering advice is so true!

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Anyone have/haul a side by side in the bed of the Ranger ? I’m wondering if a 4 wheeler or sxs will fit in the bed . I saw a hauler that fits over the bed and there’s always the trailer option, just looking for ideas.? I’m in the market for one or the other. Thanks
I’ve seen a smaller side by side (Polaris Ranger?) in a fullsized truck before. Not sure if one would fit in a FORD Ranger, but if you do, I’m sure many would be interested to see! I wonder if you go to a dealer and tell them that you’s buy one under the condition you can put it in your bed? ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure your not overloading the aluminum tailgate too. I had a Polaris Sportsman 400HO. It fit in the 5.5' bed of my Ram 1500, but the rear tires wouldn't allow the tailgate to close. I'd say the rear wheels will sit on the tailgate of a Ranger. I'd get a trailer, if it were me.

OP
OP
Jeffsmith13

Jeffsmith13

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad engineer
Sounds like a trailer is the way to go. Thanks for all the input.
Sponsored