Shrockwork sliders

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Trying to post this again because Admin is shutting down all shrockwork slider posts for unknown reason. Post up your pictures when you get them.
Sponsored

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Not sure why they would shut them down. Maybe the admin can explain. Here are some pics. Terrific quality. Super easy install. Horrible customer service, with little to no communication. I would say it’s growing pains but they’ve been around for years and have always had the same reputation. Very slow but almost impeccable quality.

BF03806B-D6AF-4008-ACD5-6F19A2AACCEE.jpeg

91FF134C-4B67-445F-A5F2-F453F43FDAA0.jpeg

78F05035-FCAC-4FAA-979C-5B1F771B1C11.jpeg

506F651A-B75B-4164-9318-B12C878CD0E5.jpeg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the reasoning was that any "group buys" were supposed to be orchestrated by vendors on the site.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the reasoning was that any "group buys" were supposed to be orchestrated by vendors on the site.
By *supporting* vendors only based on their response in another thread.

As someone who runs multiple websites, I get that they need to be able to support themselves, but shutting down a member group buy seems hostile to the community. :punch:

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I think that’s true but at the same time the language is vague enough that someone contacting the company and providing a code to the companies website should not be shut down. That’s a legitimate group buy authorized by the company. All forums Jeep and Tacoma have no problem with people setting up group buys because it’s directed back to the companies website.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport

As someone who runs multiple websites, I get that they need to be able to support themselves, but shutting down a member group buy seems hostile to the community. :punch:

This exactly.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that’s true but at the same time the language is vague enough that someone contacting the company and providing a code to the companies website should not be shut down. That’s a legitimate group buy authorized by the company. All forums Jeep and Tacoma have no problem with people setting up group buys because it’s directed back to the companies website.
If anyone needs clarification on why, I think you should send a PM to the @Administrator. He should be able to answer any questions.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

Yea this isn't the way these things go. The majority of group buys I've ever been involved in (across numerous forums: Backpackinglight, Hammockforums, candlepower, etc.) are always orchestrated by a user who is working on behalf of their community to get a discount. The admins here need to lighten up or their membership will suffer. They should pick their battles more wisely.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
you're confused in thinking this is a community web site, rather than a money making venture. there might be some community-ness as a side effect, but the site is clearly not run by and for the community.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase