BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a BAKFlip Revolver X4S. Love it so far. I'm still having some water ingress during rain in the front and back (probably due to around tailgate) of the bed. There were bits left over from assembly that aren't mentioned in the instructions.

If anyone has a means to seal up the front of the bed I'm all ears.

You'll notice I also took off the 4X4 decals... I've always had bad experiences with badging, and I was very surprised with how easy it was to remove those.
20210403_145952.jpg
20210403_145801.jpg
Same one here....love the cover but I also have some water leakage in the rear.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pics after install ?
Got a couple pics snapped when I got home tonight. The BedRug hides the bottom piece (tailgate gap), so I got as good a shot as I could by lifting the rug up a bit. The seal was put on in 3 pcs.

20210415_165157.jpg

20210415_165222.jpg

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Got a couple pics snapped when I got home tonight. The BedRug hides the bottom piece (tailgate gap), so I got as good a shot as I could by lifting the rug up a bit. The seal was put on in 3 pcs.

20210415_165157.jpg

20210415_165222.jpg
Hey Bryan - what about the other side?.....you know, the one with the DAMPER!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Lomax Agricover. Seals up tight - I haven't had any water seep into the bed (I've got a tailgate seal). It's a tri-fold and removable. Not all that cheap though

20190807_203600.jpg
Hard to tell from that angle, is it flushed from a profile/rear view? Also how easy is it to remove? I had in mind being able to remove? And lastly, where do the magnetic clips that you're supposed to attach to top of your roof go?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
@Dahctor

Same one here....love the cover but I also have some water leakage in the rear.
The Gator tri-fold cover comes with an accessory rail plate that bolts to the top portion of the front wall of the bed. Once installed it can be lined up with the side rails to provide a flat surface for the front seal. It's made from relatively thin gauge steel or possibly aluminum and is the same as in this install vid from S3 Motorsports.

https://bakindustries.com/images/31440010-30_Ranger_Bulkhead_Rail_Bed_Rail_Clips_070119.pdf

It's possible you may be find this available somewhere or make something like this out of wood that's painted/sealed.

Dahctor

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Dahctor

The Gator tri-fold cover comes with an accessory rail plate that bolts to the top portion of the front wall of the bed. Once installed it can be lined up with the side rails to provide a flat surface for the front seal. It's made from relatively thin gauge steel or possibly aluminum and is the same as in this install vid from S3 Motorsports.

https://bakindustries.com/images/31440010-30_Ranger_Bulkhead_Rail_Bed_Rail_Clips_070119.pdf

It's possible you may be find this available somewhere or make something like this out of wood that's painted/sealed.

It came with a THICK weather strip (1" or more) that was proud of the side rails before I installed it.

The leak is in the corners of the bed, not anywhere near the middle of the front of it. I need to crawl in there with a friend who has a flashlight or something on the outside to see if I can find it. If I do and can't get a fitted piece for it, I might just spray foam it. I think it's up in the side rail bits, so it should stick reasonably well. I can put some mold release spray up there to make sure it doesn't stick TOO well.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bryan - what about the other side?.....you know, the one with the DAMPER!
Actually, that's the reason I took the pic on the passenger side - the damper obscured the view of the seal :LOL:

I had the damper loooonnnngggg before Dave @AzScorpion was the influencer he's become.:thumbsup:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to tell from that angle, is it flushed from a profile/rear view? Also how easy is it to remove? I had in mind being able to remove? And lastly, where do the magnetic clips that you're supposed to attach to top of your roof go?
If you're looking at it straight on, you would see maybe a 1/4" (or a little less) above the bed rail, so not perfectly flush, but damn close to it. The cover is aluminum, so it's not terrible to take off the truck, not exactly feather-light, but doesn't take two people to move it when it comes down to it.

Not sure what you refer to as "magnetic clips" - there aren't any and it doesn't attach to the roof. It doesn't fold up against the back window (which was a HUGE selling point for me). When it's folded, it still covers the front 18" or so of the bed. There are two elastic straps with clips that slip into notches in the cover to keep it from unfolding. I can try to get a shot of them this weekend if you'd like. Or you can go to the link below and scroll down a little - there are several pictures that show what I'm probably describing very poorly...

https://www.agricover.com/lomax/

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
If you're looking at it straight on, you would see maybe a 1/4" (or a little less) above the bed rail, so not perfectly flush, but damn close to it. The cover is aluminum, so it's not terrible to take off the truck, not exactly feather-light, but doesn't take two people to move it when it comes down to it.

Not sure what you refer to as "magnetic clips" - there aren't any and it doesn't attach to the roof. It doesn't fold up against the back window (which was a HUGE selling point for me). When it's folded, it still covers the front 18" or so of the bed. There are two elastic straps with clips that slip into notches in the cover to keep it from unfolding. I can try to get a shot of them this weekend if you'd like. Or you can go to the link below and scroll down a little - there are several pictures that show what I'm probably describing very poorly...

https://www.agricover.com/lomax/
Awww thats why i was asking, i guess the clips on the top of the roof are for different trucks based off what i saw online. So this one doesn't fold all the way up and lean against the back window or has some type of rod that holds it in place. It only folds up partially and if you want the full bed you'd have to remove it?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Awww thats why i was asking, i guess the clips on the top of the roof are for different trucks based off what i saw online. So this one doesn't fold all the way up and lean against the back window or has some type of rod that holds it in place. It only folds up partially and if you want the full bed you'd have to remove it?
Correct. For full usage, it has to come off. Like I mentioned, my biggest concern was making sure the cover didn't block the back window when it's folded up.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Through the many years, I had the Truxedo Low Profile on a couple of trucks and I liked them but I watched their prices slowly climb so when I wanted a cover for my 2014 Ram, I took a gamble on the cheaply priced Tonno Pro Lo Roll and I was impressed. It was almost identical to the Truxedo in looks and quality.

A few years later however, I had an issue with some stitching coming out. For how cheap it cost I was expecting nothing from their warranty department but damn was I wrong. It took one phone call, I got a real person and in 10 minutes I had a new cover on the way. It arrived a couple of days later and they even included a return Fed-ex shipping label. I simply swapped them, put the old one in the box, slapped the label on it and emailed the person who was helping me with the warranty, he scheduled Fed-ex to come pick it up. The replacement cover had no issues going forward. It is hard to deny that kind of help.

Ironic but I actually ordered another Tonno Pro Lo Roll earlier today which is probably why I jumped on this thread now. I secured a new Ranger for myself today so I'll be needing one when I pick it up next week.
Sponsored