Shopping for a used car.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'd been considered buying something used to tide me over while I wait for my ranger.
I know prices are higher than normal, but so would be what I can get for my current car. So I figured if I got $2000 over KBB for my car, and paid $2000 over on a used truck, it would be a wash.
But, I'm not finding anything from private sellers. Everything on Auto Trader, Carfax, and the such are dealers. I'm starting to think there's dealers buying up private sales and then flipping them on their lot.
Sponsored

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I'm starting to think there's dealers buying up private sales and then flipping them on their lot.
If they want to pay their salesmen this has pretty much been a requirement.

Unless your current vehicle is about to throw its head through your hood I'd definitely hold off..

The market is finally starting to come around. It won't be long until you'll be able to buy something pretty close to "regular" pricing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Do you NEED something to tide you over?

It is not really much of a buyer's market right now. I'd be trying to be buy as few vehicles as possible right now. And if I had to get something to tide me over 'til a new Ranger I'd buy the cheapest POS I could and put as little $ into it as possible to make it road worthy.

Timing is everything and trying to do too much increases your odds of fucking up the timing.
Sponsored