Salvage Stereo Swap 4" to 8"

Ciri

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
When I bought my ford ranger 2019 XL I was not to happy with the small center console. But it was not a deal breaker since that is all I was available to afford on my budget. I was recently at a salvage yard and saw a few Rangers with the larger screen and was wondering if its even possible to swap XL 4" screen with one of those 8" from a Ranger XLT salvage truck. It makes sence to me to be able to salvage those parts and save money along the way. Has anyone done this or has any input on the possibility of doing so?
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Anything is possible with enough time, money, and willingness to do it.

As for this upgrade, I know there was a video about doing just this very thing out there on Youtube, just can't seem to locate it at the moment.

Edit..
Found it.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
When I bought my ford ranger 2019 XL I was not to happy with the small center console. But it was not a deal breaker since that is all I was available to afford on my budget. I was recently at a salvage yard and saw a few Rangers with the larger screen and was wondering if its even possible to swap XL 4" screen with one of those 8" from a Ranger XLT salvage truck. It makes sence to me to be able to salvage those parts and save money along the way. Has anyone done this or has any input on the possibility of doing so?
It's a very common upgrade on the F150, plug and play easy.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Funny I still have my 8 in bezel (I got the versionhat had the heated seat buttons in them) But its honestly simple but would require a program for the 8in to play nice with the ranger
Sponsored