First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Just got back from a 9-day trip around the UP of Michigan. I only took 4 pictures over the whole trip. haha

Side note: it felt amazing just leaving my phone in the truck or the camper and going away for the day on adventures, not worrying about the best shot or how to document it all, just living in the moment. Plus I didn't have service most of the time anyways. haha

Anyways, this was one of the four pictures I took. Not necessarily Ranger forward (literally haha), but still a cool shot nevertheless I'd say.

IMG_20200826_125420503_HDR.jpg

Lunch pitstop in Marquette at the old ore dock on our travels.
Nice! We're heading off to UP in a few weeks to visit out daughter there, going to try to time it for good fall colors. It will be nice to get away from the smoke out here ;)

I like the trailer - looks light and not much taller than the truck, I assume it doesn't kill your highway fuel economy too badly..
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Nice! We're heading off to UP in a few weeks to visit out daughter there, going to try to time it for good fall colors. It will be nice to get away from the smoke out here ;)

I like the trailer - looks light and not much taller than the truck, I assume it doesn't kill your highway fuel economy too badly..
Fall in the UP is amazing! Late September/early October is peak time there. We try and make it over that way about then as often as we can.

As far as mileage, with the roofline of the camper sitting at or below the truck/topper roofline, the camper weight sitting around 1400-1800lbs (depending on length and type of trip), and the camper being essentially the same width as the truck, the mileage is still great. Usually get around 20-21mpg at highway speeds (60mph) towing it. I love telling people that because it's more than most trucks get clean not towing anything! haha

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Fall in the UP is amazing! Late September/early October is peak time there. We try and make it over that way about then as often as we can.

As far as mileage, with the roofline of the camper sitting at or below the truck/topper roofline, the camper weight sitting around 1400-1800lbs (depending on length and type of trip), and the camper being essentially the same width as the truck, the mileage is still great. Usually get around 20-21mpg at highway speeds (60mph) towing it. I love telling people that because it's more than most trucks get clean not towing anything! haha
That's about the timing we're planning.

Your highway fuel economy is similar to what we get with our pop-up camper on (we get around 21-22 going 60 MPH). The pop-up probably has more wind resistance, but it's also a little lighter and we don't have the extra friction of trailer wheels, so I guess those things just about balance out. Either way, it's pretty decent MPG for hauling these things around. Our '93 Ranger with the 4L V6 was doing well to get 15-16 with the camper on ;)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Joining the ranks of the Elitist :clap:

67576D94-6782-42B7-94AE-23BA63A29D1E.jpeg
Hi Greg,

Now you did it....at least two dancing turkeys heading your way!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Hi Greg,

Now you did it....at least two dancing turkeys heading your way!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I feel slighted :blush: still waiting for my dancing turkeys but I won't mention any names.:crackup:

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0813.jpg

My 2020 Lariat Sport 4x4. Lots of customizing by yours truly.
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_1707.jpg
IMG_1737.JPG

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I just saw a Saber in person for the first time. Pictures don't do it justice. What a super choice of color!!?
Thank you Anne it is a remarkable color and its a Looker :like:
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc