Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
@Andy and I appear to be in the same situation, we both have spray-in bedliners with no updates since 2/7 & 2/6 respectively. Both our dealers claim our Rangers are on track to be shipped, but we have no evidence that they even made it to the body shop like @Geoff.
How frustrating..... You've had no luck trying to get some regional Ford rep involved to get a real status? There has to be a way to find out where your truck is.
Sponsored

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue Lariat Ranger
Occupation
USMC Retired, Ford Transporter driver.
Vehicle Showcase
two of my dealers ordered rangers moved up on their production date and now have window stickers available for view. really keeping the fingers crossed that things at the factory are starting to get better?!?!?!
this web site can be used to view the window sticker once the factory puts it in the system:
https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue Lariat Ranger
Occupation
USMC Retired, Ford Transporter driver.
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice good luck with it!
Wow, if my dealer got one in like this I would jump on it tooooo! That is my color, Love it CONGRATS

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
How frustrating..... You've had no luck trying to get some regional Ford rep involved to get a real status? There has to be a way to find out where your truck is.
My dealer told me that the reps they deal with don't have the access that they have had in the past with orders and statuses. Seems to be more centrally managed now. Frustrating for the dealers as well.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain, STILL! Mine has been like this for 9 days and is believed to be on the train coming this way. I'm down to just ignoring anything on the Vin Tracker.

Screenshot_2019-02-13 Ford Vehicle Order Tracking.png

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I think my dealership is worried I’ll jump ship. They offered to provide daily updates.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It's disappointing how anything you order nowadays comes with up to date tracking...then when you order a truck and potentially spending thousands of dollars, they can't hardly keep their stuff straight. Mine went from 4 days eta to 21 days and went from "in transit" (for three hours) back to "awaiting shipment"

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I've done this ordering thing before and swore that I would never do it again. I waited over seven months for my mustang. Drove my wife crazy. The dates changed multiple times. I'm sure they are churning them out as quickly as possible.

I just inquired about two F150's since my wait time almost doubled today. Might actually save a few thousand. My main reason for the truck was to pull behind the RV. The F150 isn't much heavier. I'm worried I won't have the Ranger ready for the first trip in May.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me that the reps they deal with don't have the access that they have had in the past with orders and statuses. Seems to be more centrally managed now. Frustrating for the dealers as well.
If THEY don't have access, at this point It should get escalated to someone who DOES have access to find out what is going on.

We can track a $2 package to the minute and yet for some reason Ford has trouble tracking a $40,000 truck. Something just seems wrong with this picture.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
@Andy and I appear to be in the same situation, we both have spray-in bedliners with no updates since 2/7 & 2/6 respectively. Both our dealers claim our Rangers are on track to be shipped, but we have no evidence that they even made it to the body shop like @Geoff.
I hate to say it and hate to do it but you might try pestering your dealer daily. You and Andy are in purgatory and the Dealer GM needs to push the district Sales manager to shake it loose. I mean good grief how hard is it to find out if it's Ramp jail or what? The answer you got the other day was no answer, just more be happy crap.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
If THEY don't have access, at this point It should get escalated to someone who DOES have access to find out what is going on.

We can track a $2 package to the minute and yet for some reason Ford has trouble tracking a $40,000 truck. Something just seems wrong with this picture.
I agree 100% with your statement above. Retired from the Air Force then went into the car business at the dealer level. Worked with a dealer group that sold all the major brands. Used to order the inventory myself for the Ford store. I'm not at the dealer level anymore but work will every major automotive OEM now. I still know a lot of Ford reps. This whole roll out seems to have been a mess as far as being able to track the progress of a vehicle.

My Ranger that is due in any day now still reflects "Rail" on the window sticker lookup. Not sure if it's at the rail head waiting for rail loading, in transit on a rail car or not offloaded from the rail car. BTW...I have pestered the General Manager of my dealership for a year now to get a Ranger. Cannot believe I might actually be getting one before the end of the month.

pcannon48

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion 2012
Reading all the stories I'm not sure if this will make a difference but my estimated delivery is 7 April

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Reading all the stories I'm not sure if this will make a difference but my estimated delivery is 7 April
I updated you on the list.
Sponsored